What's the point

Right now I am so aggravated with my mother who has alzheimers that I could scream. Last week I left town for 24 hours, what the hell for? When I got back she just seemed worse, she is in the beginning stages probably for the past 3 years, and is just getting to me more and more. The accusations are getting worse and I feel as though I am about to break. No one else seems to give a s***t, my husband keeps telling me that she is my mother, hell she was really never a mother growing up. She is selfish, greedy,etc., etc… She could give a hoot less about me other than I am her maid. I am sick of it!!!

Then she tells me she is going to drive again. Yeah right.

I am so depressed right now I could scream.

I feel your pain. I am in the same situation. My Mother is mid-stage and I have just received conservatorship. It has been absolute hell for the last 8 months. We had to sell her car, take over her bills and my daughter decided that the best way to seek revenge against me for not giving her money was to tell her grandmother she was “ok”. I feel I have lost both my mother and my daughter. I now have to pick up the pieces now that my daughter has left town. Sometimes the feelings of depression are so deep I question my own grip. I tell myself I am doing what is right and I know in my heart I have to do what is necessary but my mother is not the person I used to know. She curses and has even hit me. I have hired a caretaker for her which I pray will work out - but she is so difficult. I wish I could tell you things will get better - but I feel so frustrated. Professionals tell me, "it’s the illness not you mom - but it hurts. This disease is so devastating. There are great support organizations out there such as the Altzheimers association and I would encourage you to contact them. But, in the end it’s a lonely road. I wish you the best. I do understand. Take care of yourself.I have been accused of stealing her steak knives and her calendar. I guess someday I will find this funny but not now. Between the stress of work and this I feel that I will never get a break. But, I guess bottom line of I don’t do the tough stuff who will?