When I am getting ready to fly I got into the hospital!

Hi everyone,
I’m sending this from the hospital. It was such a bad, cruel, excruciating pain,unbelievable. I hated it. I wanted to scream leave me alone, I had enough. Enough is is enough already! But I was already saying things that was scaring my daughter and didn’t want to scare my both angels anymore.
I tried medications at home. They didn’t even touch my pain. Then I had to call my husband and we ended up in emergency but still thinking we should be able to make it by Monday to go India.I came here Fri arround 11am. And shivering started and I had fever of 102 and when I was admitted the nurses brought all the culture bottles to take blood for test and I thought my trip is gone!

When my GI doctor came to see me (He was in the office this week and another GI doctor who was in the hospital (admissions) got admitted me) I cried so much and he just held me calming me down. I kept saying please don’t tell me that I can’t travel on Monday. When I calmed down then he slowly explained, we don’t know why you got this fever let’s see the results and then we can have a plan. Please don’t think that this trip is cancelled. it’s not. It’s just got postponed. This week you may not travel but we will send you to India next week definitely. I said, are you sure? He said, Of course I’m sure.

Then I started feeling better. I called my close friend Lisa Mcdugall and told her what doctor told me. She said, see there is nothing to worry. Something will work out. You are a trooper and I admire for that. You don’t ever give up, that’s what I like. I thought really, I gave up until the doctor came. They say nice things about me because they don’t want me feel bad and feel better.

Now I don’t have fever and my pain is better and hoping by tommorow the blood results should come and they should be able to reduce the pain medicine by Monday morning and discharge me then we should be able to go to India without postponing and without disappointing anyone in India.

If that doesn’t work then we are going to postpone to next Monday and rest little bit if there is any infection. Yesterday I was so upset and got mad at this stupid disease which made my life miserable but still I’m making adjustments and moving on with my life but this was too much. We were going to India after 9yrs and this is what it does to me?

After 8 months of treating myself the attacks at home I came to hospital this time. And the doctors and nurses are very nice. Last Monday we met with my GI doctor and he gave us letters, prescriptions and asked us to send photographs and he was so happy for us that I was able to manage pain at home and even if I get an attack in the flight or in India he had the confidence that I can manage.

Everything is ready, all the suitcases packed and I did bead work for some of the dreses and I started making the watches for ladies with pearls, Czech firepolished beads,birthstone beads etc and I got sick.

I think either way now I’m prepared if we postpone I’ll get some rest or if we can travel on this Monday then we don’t have to change anything.

It feels different coming hospital after such a long time.

Hope everything works out and we can still have good time especially my little daighter, it’s her first trip and my son who is going there after such a long time and going through such a hard time with mom’s health problems. My husband who works continuously to make everyone comfortable needs to see his family, friends and needs a change of scene, relaxing and doing something different than always in stress about me, giving shots, getting prescriptions, going to appointments, hospitals - who can take all that pressure?
Some men who believe in family and love like my husband Sreenivas, Angela’s husband, Cindy Lou’s husband, Mrs. Barb’s husband and many others. Please apologize me if I forgot. I’m on PCA pump and you know how it makes to forget things.

Hope you guys are having painfree day.
Lots of love and Many hugs to all of you!

Love,
Durga

Durga,

I will be praying for a quick recovery so you can make your trip on Monday.

God of Heaven, I ask that you would lay your healing hand on Durga so that she can make the trip to India on Monday. I ask that the doctor’s would be especially in tune with your wisdom to know what to do for her and to allow her to go on her trip. Thank you Lord Jesus. Amen

Vonnie

Dear Durga,

I’m so very worried for you. Please make sure you’re well enough to fly or else take a later flight. You’re a strong lady and will make it to India with your wonderful family-- even if it’s a week later. If you push too hard and get even more sick, you might delay it more-- and your loving family needs you to be there when you’re well enough.

You will continue to have so much to look forward to and I hope you can clear up the infection and get cleared to go on your trip-- but you have to put yourself first so that you’ll be around for all your family and friends for a long, long time.

We love you and I’m sending you wishes for better health and all the best if you do take this trip. India will still be there, even if there’s a delay-- and I want you to be as well as possible. I care about you very, very much. Please know that and thanks for the information.

All the best for your trip and for getting better again,

Many, many hugs and love,

Lisa

Durga,
I am so sorry to hear that your sick again, but at least in the hospital you are getting the care you need right now.
Get yourself well and strong enough to travel. You are such a wonderful strong caring lady.
Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Love Liz

Oh durga,

My heart goes out to you!!! I feel so bad for you that my heart is aching:(, I just got on email today so this is the first I heard of you being admitted! I sent you an email Thanking you for the bracelet and how beautiful it is!!! I sure hope your doing better and able to make your trip, but as you know even if it is postponed you will make it and do fine.

I admire you so much for your strength and encouragement I wish more of us could be like you! Also I wanted to let you know that my husband forgot to mail your package and left it in his desk drawer, he apologized over and over, so I am having him bring it back home and taking it to the post office myself…I am so sorry that you have been looking for it and it wasn’t even on it’s way!! I was so mad at him, but like you said they do so much for US and sometimes forget the little things. Anyway I sure hope you are released today and can rest up and get to India!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you! Stay the strong person you are and never give up on life, we will beat this thing one way or another!!! All the people on Careplace keep us strong!!!

Love You, and Get better SOON…
Mrs Barb :slight_smile: