When to be concerned

hi everyone sitting here at an unearthly hour with everyone asleep around me after my 2 hours restfull sleep, what a pattern, fight to stay awake allday hoping that it would make a difference, go to bed at a resonable time 10.30pm only to be awake again as usual 2hrs later stiff and in pain with the need to walk around abit to lossen back, neck, and hips.
What i really want to ask is when do you decide to speak to your docs about new lumps to maybe concerned about or except it is DD i know im waffling but i have a lump come up on the side of my left breast my upper arm actually rubs against it while i type but i beginning to feel that i have so many health problems that the doc will think im attention seeking as i have already been told that where the DD is concerned no-one is willing to remove lipomas so my doc feels that the only thing to do is control the pain and yes he does this very well but sometimes i wish that i could actually talk to him about this as a routine problem. sorry for the rambling i hope it makes sense somewhere
gentle hugs and wishes HELENA

Hi Helena
You should check the lump , now!
We can get other diseases too…
The lumps place does not sound like DD for me.
If the doc does not understand, it’s the doctor’s problem
You need a biopsy.
I don’t want to scare You but have few DD friends with
breast cancer…
Best of luck! Do hurry!
Arieldiva

Hi Helen,

I would go get that breast lump checked out, and try not to worry about what the doctor thinks about you. We tend to think everything is from DD, but sometimes there is something else going on too. Better safe than sorry.
There is a member here who recently had some lumps removed with great success and she is in the UK. Hopefully she will see this and write to you with the info on her doctor. I think you need a new one.

Hugs and spoons,
Pamela

Good advice Pam. You don’t want to take any chances. Go ahead and get it checked out. Don’t put any credence in what he said. We know you and your pain is legitimate…he is a bozo! Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

If your mammagram comes back clear. You should ask to be seen by a General surgeon, they are the ones that take out the lumps, and they are very good at it. I expect they remove more lumps whether lipoma through DD or not than what we think. My GS knew exactly I had DD but just gave me a shrug of the shoulder attitude, but I got 6 of my worst ones removed, I wouldnt get a lipoma removed unless it is causing so much pain.

geordielass

Helena,
You should go get a mammogram, asap…I know exactly what you mean. I am going through the same thing right now. I have many lumps in my breasts. I have them on the sides, under, and the worst ones are in between my breasts all the way to the collarbone. I have been in such pain. I have felt like my heart is being squeezed out of my chest sometimes. My husband has called my doctor and I have an appointment for the 19th for a mammogram. I urge you to do the same. I am nervous, but I am going none the less. I have been in a flare for quite some time. I am pretty worried about mine. I will let you know what the results are when I get them. they are doing a bilateral mammogram.

Christine, I am glad you are getting the test. Try not to worry as my breast are full of lumps and I have them all along my collarbone and shoulder joints, and I have had them for a long time. They say they are fibrocystic breasts and to avoid caffine and chocolate and watch my salt. They used to hurt more with my cycles but since my complete hysterectomy they stay the same all the time. You will be fine. Take care and extra hugs, Grandma Sylvia

Hi Grandma S.
I hope so. I am nervous because all the pain that I have been in. They are not round or soft. These are hard and painful and they came in really quick. My mom said the worst part is getting them smashed in the machine. I said to her that shouldn’t be a problem for me. Since I was a 42 GG with my twins, they are flat anyway now. She laughed her fool hearted butt off. Really though, I know it is going to hurt. It hurts to look at a bra.
luv & hugs
Christine