Where are we in this journey?

Lets talk about our experiances, the surgerys if any. the Meds that have taken. Has the cancer returned, has it mastisized, and if so to where?

What problems are we having. Diabetes, enzymes, fatigue, any thing that is bothering you.

The emotional stress we are all under and how do you cope with it.

Lets just talk about it

Slowhand (ron C)

My husband was told he has a tumor in his pancreas about 5 weeks ago, and its been an emotional roller coaster ever since. Its like hurry up and WAIT !! He had an Ercp last week, it wasnt very informative, the doc didnt do a biopsy, He just recommends he have half his Pancreas removed and is referring us to a cancer center. He said even if it is Benign it would have to be removed. My husband has been very positive until after this procedure, Now he is moody and very upset, and we really didnt get any “different or Worse” news. I am finding myself physically sick with all the stress in our lives now. I just want my old boring life back. I want my husband to be well. I was just wondering if anyone else went through this, surgery before a cancer diagnosis was even made??

I am currently out of the office and will not be checking email. I will return on Tuesday, July 17.

Yes I had an ERCP done twice and it was confirmed that I had an Ampulla
tumor [in the deuodenum or small intestine [head of pancreas] but none in
pancreas. I had then a whipple operation [11 hrs] very aggressive operation
at 83 but made it. Now 2 years later tumor sprung up as a tiny stone near my
navel surface and am on chemo again.
Yes get 2 or 3 opinions and find a good surgeon who specializes in this.
Then he has to go thru chemo and radiation. But don’t be alarmed its just a
disease like diabetes. Just take care of it and not complain. Many many have
this disease in one form or another-- just fine the treatment. There is no
cure but then be positive IMAGINE A WORLD WITHOUT CANCER,
MOTHER
----- Original Message -----
From: “AngelLover” pancreatic-cancer-cpt5207@lists.careplace.com
To: virginiadef@cox.net
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 6:38 AM
Subject: Re: [pancreatic-cancer] Where are we in this journey?

My father has had a lot of emotional ups and downs. He cries very easily.
My mother is his chief caregiver. She prepares and feeds him his raw vegetables and is going to try juicing.
Family members are starting to come to visit, which really takes a toll. I live next door and help when needed. I have been to the Dr. apptments and helped with the new diet. I am their moral support through all this.
I had to go out of town for the weekend and it was very hard on them. They want me here for “in case”. I have promised that I won’t leave again. I don’t want to add stress, by not being close at hand.
Both of my parents are very strong people but now they seem very weak.
Vicki