Work related anxiety and depression

This week at work has been overwhelming with stress and anxiety. My boss had a meeting with my department to discuss things he is angry with us about ONLY! I NEED MY JOB TO SURVIVE! I work in a production job inserting coupons into envelopes. He told us that production has to pick up in our department. The Corporate office in California is giving him reports of behavioral issues within our department. He has threatened our jobs. Then he turns around and praises me for producing on the HUGE 24 pocket zones (jobs) with a HUGE amount of coupons being inserted into the envelope. I am pleased with the praise that I am receiving from him. However, I still have anxiety over the future. It is very hard to level up from Operator 1 to Operator 2 and he doesn’t understand what it takes to achieve such a goal. He doesn’t even know anything about how the inserting machines work nor that it isn’t going to produce if the paper is curled or in poor shape on the carts when I work with it each day. He constantly YELLS when I try to work with him on everyday tasks. Just the other day, he asked me why I requested to have the mechanic over to repair the machine and when I told him, he DEMANDED a better explaination by YELLING at me. Do any of you have advice to share? Anybody ever dealt with a boss that is difficult?

eagle, in my days I have run across a lot of different
types of personalities as boss’ and workmates. so
yes, I’ve had the unpleasable boss, perhaps his behavior and attitude have nothing to do with you but rather his own life and it just comes out unconsciously to his employees.
sounds like your work is good, he’s noticed your good work, so perhaps your worry is unjustified. Though I
never find any of my worries unjustified, even if they are, when I am in the middle of a worry session, HaHa!
I hope you find some comfort knowing he is pleased with your work!
Relax eagle, your keen eyes will alert you to any dangers or deep concerns.
Be proud you are doing your job so well! congrats.