Wow, the meds have totally taken my husband and my life over

He is now on week 8 of the interferon therapy. My gut feeling tells me that I can not take much more. One minute this man is what I would consider “ok” and then all of a sudden I fear that he could hurt me or one of the children. My therapist has told me to just realize in the bad moments that it is not me, but the meds that are making him being sooooo ugly. It is really hard to that when he is in my face and striking me with so much fear that I feel like I am just frozen and helpless. He tells me that he can not even stand himself anymore (I tell myself in my own head, oh really well how do you think I feel) but I never say anything back. It is sooooooooo hard on me. I am completely on my own raising 4 small children and I have a man that is not only physically sick but is very mentally sick. His head doc just put him on yet another med that is used on people with bipolar disorder and after about a little over a week of him taking it I have noticed that he is talking and some times screaming in his sleep. He woke me up 3 nights ago while we are on vacation by punching me in my chest. Needless to say that I hope that I do not have to sleep in the bed with him again until he gets off all these meds. since I am afraid that I might get more than just a punch next time. He has been horrible with his temper and his words. He is not only making me feel like the size of a ant, he is doing it to the children also. On our 7 hour drive to Emerald Isle, NC this past week he treated the kids like they were in boot camp would say mean and hurtful things to them. I am really the type of person that can take alot of abuse and I am talking about mental and physical, but when it comes to children that are being molded into who they are going to be I am having a real hard time convincing myself to stick it out with him. I don’t for one minute want my sons to think that his behavior is okay and I am sure that they do not understand the whole medicine is making daddy be like this bit. My husband is a liar and a con and he will not tell the doc how BAD he is in fear of him stopping the treatment all together so he will just lie and tell the docs that he is fine and the next minute be choking me and tell me that he is going to break every bone in my face. I really think that they need to lower his dosage of Ribivarin, but I am not a doc., but that is my opinion. I have been told that that is the one that makes you crazy in the mind more than the peg. injection. Thanks for reading my venting session and if anyone has any input or suggestions, I would love to hear them. I hope all is well with everyone and thank you to all my friends that have been supportive and sending me hugs.

Julsbran

Do the DRs believe you?
If not perhaps going to your family’s till tx is over. Send him to his Dad’s house till treatment is over. Violence FOREVER changes a child. Forever.
You need to try your bet to analyze your circumstance be reasonable with yourself and the kids and honest about your reasons and make a choice. You may just be
"long term" angry at him, and your are have feelings bubble up that aren’t related to the circumstances today.
If he’s been using and lying in the past you gotta have a butt load of anger girl
Get real with yourself and make some choices/
He’s not the man with the reasonable thought processes!
I wish you well and a separation is not the end, it will give you a clean start with less damage.
Hugs and understanding
Rivaer

Hey There,

I would suggest that you make an appt with his dr and even tho Dr cant tell you everything due to confideligy thingy, but you sure can let him know your side of what the treatment is doing to you and mostly the kids. I was a tirant myself when on tx, my husband would come in late drinking all the time so he didnt have to put up with me, so that only started me thinking he was out seeing someone that wasnt a bitch to him 24/7. I ended telling everybody in my family to stay away from me, not to take it personally, it was the drugs and if i were to finish the treatment, that I needed to be left alone. yep, had some family and friends take it wrong, but it was the only way i could finish my 52 weeks of hell. But, please do let his doctor know of your side, not just him telling his side how he feels. The abuse can come out of no where with no warning, then there could be no taking it back. I wouldnt tell your husband that you are making an appt to talk to his dr either, he may take it wrong and be more angry. But his doc NEEDS to know exactly what the meds and treatments are doing to him. There were times I did not realize how ugly I got to those around me. Excuse my lauguage…but it got to the point that I actually wrote "A FUCK-YOU’ EMAIL TO EVERYONE I KNEW. I do believe I wrote to you when you first mentioned your husband going on tx. and mentioned he could have alot of different moods, most of them ugly moods. You will need to get away from each other, especially those kids. Talk to his dr and see what comes of it. keep me posted and I wish you well. Talk to me anytime. I’m here.
Lou

please please talk to your husband’s dr and tell him what is goin on. damn girl u are in danger and so are your children. emotional abuse is a horrible thing as inphysical abuse. i wish u well …is there anyway you and the kids can go somwhere until he finshes his treatment? seems to me that he shouldnt be doing the treatment is he is a danger to others. most drs wont let u do treatment if they feel that u will get too depressed or crazy. love and peace lorial

HI JULS,

I WAS JUST CHECKING UP ON YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. HOPE THINGS ARE BETTER. ((((HUGS)))) FOR YOU BEING SUCH A GREAT CAREGIVER.

LOUIE

How much ribavirian is he taking? What type of hep c does he have? Make appt for both of you to speak to dr. Is your hubby also recieving mental therapy during his trestment? It’s reall suppose to be a part of the whole tx. Keep us posted please !

RIVERLASIE WATCH DATES YOUR RESPONDING TOO,THAT WAS 6 MOUNTH AGE

OPPS’’‘THAT WAS 6+ MONTHS AGO’’’’,WAS TALKIN WHILE TYPING LOL AND MY BRAIN GOES FASTER THAN I TYPE LOL