Your experience with Digestive enzymes and Chronic Pancreatitis?

I’m pretty new at this and was recently diagnosed with CP.

My doctor is assessing the digestive problems. Firstly, I find that when I’m not hungry, in pain and don’t eat I seem to gain a little weight and can’t get into some of my clothes.

Does/did anyone else notice this? Also, I find eating most things difficult to digest.

How do you feel once you go on digestive enzymes and do you find a lot of side effects? Do they alleviate some of the pain? I guess they should.

Thanks for any and all input-
Harslp

When you say your clothes don’t fit, could it be you are bloated? Gas is a horrible thing when it gets trapped and it can cause a tremendous amount of pain. In my experience, the pancreatic enzymes help with digestion if I take one 1/2 hour before meals and 2-3 with meals. The malabsorption has been much better with this combination. As far as pain goes, they also have helped me with this to a certain extent but there never seems to be enough pain relief.

Good luck and best wishes for pain free days and nights.

Teresa

Teresa,

Thanks so very much for your reply. I really appreciate your input and I agree…there never seems to be enough pain relief. In my case, mornings are the worst on a regular basis. Interestly the “big” attacks (sending me to the hospital) come in the afternoon… an interesting disease.

Thanks again!
Jackie