Achalasia Member Introductions

My daughter was just told she has achalasia? She is 14 and I am worried. Anyone have word of encourgment?

I have had achalasia for about 16 years and underwent an open Hellerā€™s myotomy in 2004. My mother and sister have the condition as well.

I am having a lot of problems w/esphogus right now and believe stress maybe a contributing factorā€¦Today the Dr told me 1 whole week or no talking or whispering.

26 years old from Belgium - was diagnosed with Achalasia when I was 19.
Had a dilitation and so far eating is not a problem anymore.

Only the spasms. I have them a few times every month and Iā€™m still not used to them ā€¦

Newly diagnosed with Achalasia. Completed the diagnostics and awaiting the physicianā€™s consult. I saw the Radiographs and know the symptoms so no need to wait on the research portion!

Iā€™ve been living with Achalasia since the mid-1990ā€™s.

Hello,
My son was diagnosed with Triple A syndrome (Allgroves) at the age of 7. Achalasia is one of the Aā€™s. He went through a lot of suffering before it was finally found.
Once he had surgery ( Hellerā€™s Myotomy) he improved greatly. Because Triple A is so rare I havenā€™t found any others with it that I can connect with, but the Achalasia group from yahoo gave me much support and hope.
My sonā€™s life isnā€™t that of a ā€œnormalā€ teenager, but we do the best we can to make it that way.

Iā€™ve just been diagnosed.

Iā€™m living with this condition, and I was suppose to under go surgery. I just fount out that Iā€™m pregnant and I donā€™t know what it will be like to have pregnant sytoms with my pre existant conditions,

Hi , Im Marie , Ive had achalasia for about 20 years, Im interested in any web site that discusses the condition

I lived with Achalasia for 16 years before havng the conventional surgery in 1996.

I was diagnosed with achalasia almost four years ago, and had a Heller Myotomy two months after being diagnosedā€¦I had lived with the condition since I was a teenager, not being diagnosed until I was 29.

Hi
My name is Martin I have suffered from A for over 15 years and had a hellerā€™s myotomy 4 years ago, I have recently been suffering really badly with A and Iā€™m due to go back into hospital next week for a endoscopy to see what is going on again.
All the best
Martin

Hi all,
This looks exciting and WAY better than Yahoo. I have been in the Yahoo group for 6 years and although I am not active at the moment my story is in the files on Yahoo and I have been blessed to make lots of great friends in this group.

I have had 3 surgeries. The last one was 2000. I seem to be doing well.

Blessing,
Jeanne

1 Like

Hello to the group,

My name is Lauren. I have Achalasia, diagnosed summer of 06, had a heller with fundo in November of 06 at Scott & White Hospital, Temple, Texas, USA. My surgeon is Dr. Joaquin Rodriguez. I was very pleased with his care. Iā€™m sooo much better now. Life is good again! Just occasionally I have a little trouble with food getting stuck, but nothing like before. I really like reading all the posts for new ideas, etc.

Hello all,

Living with achalsia since 2000 diagnosis. As my condition progressed, I got to a point where I dreaded meal time, as nearly everything I ate would ā€œstick in my throatā€.

I watched my weight drop from 180 to 138, and finally opted for a Hellerā€™s Myotomy and Dor fundiplication in late 2002.

The procedures gave helped me tremendously. While I still am not ā€œback to normalā€, I can eat virtually anything if I take my time and chew well.

Best of luck to the rest of the community.

-Tim

I had an esophogeal myotomy in 2004. I still occasionally get pains in my chest and up my esophagus but am eating like a champ! I am interested in learning about new findings concerning achalasia.

I may have vigous achalasia.

Hello, I am the mom of a child with Achalasia. He was diagnosed 2.5 years ago, and 2 years ago had a Heller and fundo at UC San Francisco. I am here to help support other parents who may have questions. See Cameronā€™s Care Page at:
http://www.carepages.com/ServeCarePage?cpn=CameronsTeenAchalasia&extrefid=tlcinvite

Diagnosed with achalasia in 2006 after 20 years of Drā€™s calling it Gerd. The online forums are a wonderful place for information and support for rare conditions like achalasia.