Achalasia Member Introductions

Found out I had Achalasia in 2000. Still surviving without surgery.

my mother has achalasia

Iā€™m in my late 30s, male from UK. I was diagnosed with Achalasia about 4 months ago, after I couldnā€™t swallow anything.

Its hard for people to understand my problem and itā€™s making me very anxious at work and around my colleagues. Iā€™v egone through many tests, I hope to get the hellers soon.

Lost tons of weight tooā€¦looking for advice on the best things to eat to maintain weight / strength.

I have achalasia. I had the myotomy (laproscopically) in March 2005. Something went wrong the first go and had a second procdure done a few days later. Results have been fantastic so far (two years in). I would like to understand what issues people are dealing with two years after a succsfful myotomy.

Hi there, and just thought I would sign up for this site account I have lived with Achalasia & barretts for over 25 years. Always will to learn what is new, and always here to help those who are wanting information or just someone to chat with who understands what many donā€™t. Sites like these are great for as we know, this is tough for those who donā€™t suffer with this have no idea what we can and have gone through.

I had my Heller myotomy done in Oct 2006. I have had Achalasia since 1996. I would like to other patients and learn more about Achalasia through their experiences.

I suffer from dyphagia and am currently undergoing tests.
Iā€™m interested in hearing of others with this problem.

My barium swallow was negative for Achalasia and I have just been told my that my dysphagia is caused be acid and bile reflux.
I am now being treated for that. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Best wishes to you all.

Hi my name is Wendy - my daughter of 27 has achalasia - unfortunately she suffered quite badly in the early stages as the doctors misdiagnosed her with annorexia.
I keep in touch with others in the group as I am interested in any developments to help sufferers.

I have achalasia and recently had surgery for it, which turned out to be unsuccessful.

I have recently been diagnosed with achalasia. I seek to understand it more and cope better.

I do not like ACHALASIA!

My daughter has achalasia and had a myotomy when she was 8-she is going on 11 now-just want to keep informed-

I have Achalasia.

i have achlasia had surgery in that area also difuse spasms on top part of esphogus would be interested tojoin

my name is raisa ramos I am from domican republic, I am 55 years old, I was diagnosed with achalasia 25 years ago.

Iā€™m Jason (46 yrs old) and Iā€™ve had Achalasia for a number of years. Thanks to all of you folks for sharing and special thanks to David for setting this forum up. Its always nice to know that you are not alone. This is a condition that can only be understood by someone who has it also.

I have had achalasia for a couple of years although the onset was very sudden and last year had the Hellers Myotomy iam intrested to hear about other peopleā€™s experience and how they manage the condition and especially those who have had the op

Hi - I have reached the stage where I have to use nitro capsules. Lots of chest pain - even when not eating. Reduced to mostly liquids now. Need a ā€œvirtualā€ shoulder to lean on right now. Have had a second Botox three weeks ago. No help as yet.

I have been diagnosed with diffuse esophageal spasm/achalasia. It took almost 2 years and many doctors to get this diagnosis. Knowing that I have a rare disorder, it would be really nice to vent and read about this disease.

Hi, My name is Ann and I am new to this chat room thing.
I was diagnosed with Achlesia about two years ago.
I have esophogeal spasms which I have taken Nepheridine for. Helps for awhile. I have had one pneumatic dilation and may be facing another. I really donā€™t want to have surgery unless absolutely necessary as I am not a young person. What is anyone elseā€™s experiences with pneumatic dilations and spasms? Thank you.