Addison's Disease Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Addison’s Disease. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Male born '68 diagnosed primary Addison’s at the age of 13. Stuggleing with severe anxiety/panic disorder doctors attribute to Addisons. I am looking for answers.

I’ve had Addison’s for 23 years…

I have primary addisons disease. I live in the Forest of Dean in the UK and regularly horse ride.
I am female and married.

My 20-year old daughter was diagnosed with Addisons a year ago. Thus far she is doing quite well, thankfully.

I have many endocrine disorders including Addisons Disease, as do my two teenage children.

Hashimoto Thryoid - 1998
Addison’s Disease - 2000
Celiac Disease - 2005

I have had Addison’s disease since I was 4 years old I am now 36.

Diagnosed with auto-immune addison’s and hypothyroid (aka Schmidt’s Syndrome) in 1999.

Tea Mistress that was diagnosed with Addison’s 18 months ago, living with far too many pets and a very well behaved husband in the Northwest.

I have been on the Addison’s message board and found lots of great information. I just thought this might be another good way to connect with others. I am a peaceful person just getting through every day the BEST I can :slight_smile:

I was diagnosee with Hashimoto Thyroiditis in March 2006 and Addisons in Jan 2007. Before I was diagnosed with addidons’. I was told I had adrenal fatigue. I was given armour thyroid before my adrenals were supported and got very sick. I did not know you needed to support your adrenals first. The funny thing is that it does say that on package insert but did my doctor do anything about that when I told him I had adrenal fatigue. Nooooooooo. So here I am. I am going to get better though. Thanks for the site

Mary Ellen

Dx’d with Addison’s June 2001, hypothyroidism 2003 and pernicious anemia Feb. 2007 (B12).
Like to keep up with others with similar medical concerns.

I was diagnosee with Hashimoto Thyroiditis in March 2006 and Addisons in Jan 2007. Before I was diagnosed with addidons’. I was told I had adrenal fatigue. I was given armour thyroid before my adrenals were supported and got very sick. I did not know you needed to support your adrenals first. The funny thing is that it does say that on package insert but did my doctor do anything about that when I told him I had adrenal fatigue. Nooooooooo. So here I am. I am going to get better though. Thanks for the site

Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

I have Addison’s Disease and I like to be connected with other people that know more about than I do so I can ask questions when needed.

Seeking information and a support network for my daughter with Addison’s disease

I help people on other forums who have hypopituitarism, thyroid, adrenal and other hormone problems. I thought I’d see if I might be able to help here.
Chris

I have had Addison’s for over 18 years.

Hi, My name is Linda, and I have an adult daughter who has had Addison’s since she was six years old. She has a number of autoimune diseases and I am offering my support to those parents of young children out there since I went through much of what they are going through now.