Addison's Disease Member Introductions

primary addisons

Hi, I am 41 years old & was dx with Adrenal Insufficiency in June of 2006. so I have spent this past year learning all I can about Addison’s & learning how to best deal with all the things that go along with it.

I heard about it from David H. I am in the process of getting diagnosed. I have had 3 surgeries for a reoccurring pituitary mass. Rathke’s Cleft Cyst. My last one being a craniotomy 18 months ago. A couple of weeks ago, I had what they think was an Addison’s crisis. Cortisol has been on the low normal side the last several months. Looking for info & support.

Well, I am interested in Addisons Disease because I HAVE Addisons Disease, haha. Well actually I have APS1 which includes lots of things but for me it means Addisons Disease, Hypoparathyroidism, and Chronic Candidias. I like to meet anyone, but I am especially interested in meeting others my age who have similar conditions. I find it helpful to talk to others my age because some of the experiences we share are very similar. =)

I have hypoaldosteronism (hyperreninemic). 'Just want to see what others are up to… :slight_smile:

My name is Donna Rogers. I have been very frustrated over the past couple of years with a condition that no one seems to know much about nor how to treat. I hyperexcrete my cortisol. In October of '05, after having health problems, especially with fatigue, I went to a naturopathic doc who ordered a saliva test for cortisol. My results were 8:00-2, noon-1, 5:00-1 and 11:00-

I was diagnosed with Addison’s disease and hypothyroidism in Jun 2004 and then was diagnosed with whole "schmidt’s syndrome trio that following September. Since then I have longed to find out more about this condition as well as alternative ways to treat it. I am very excited about joining this community

I was diagnosed with Addison’s Disease in 1996. I have coped with it & been OK the past 11 years. I have had one ‘crisis’ but came through it OK. I am interested in learning more about the disease & connect with others that suffer things I may suffer. I look forward to meeting others & getting to know you all!
Tahnya in GA.

I just want to stay on top of my disease armed with knowing how to recognise symptoms of crisis and dehydration etc. if i make some friends along the way that’s just a bonus. BIGMIKE

I would just like to know what to expect, later on in life with this condition

I have had Addison’s Disease since 1998…would like to find alternative medicines to steriods for this disease.

Hi everyone,
I am 25, I was Diagnosed with primary Addisons Disease in Aug 2004. I was in the military when i was diagnosed, they ended up kicking me out because of it. O well, now im in college.

I am here to try and stay ahead of this disease. And find out what to expect later on in life, and see if there is any supplaments that i should be taking.

Diagnosed with Addisons Disease in 1970.

I have Addison’s and am always looking for information esp relating to the experience of others with similar problems

Hi, I’m Susan and I have primary Addison’s disease. I was diagnosed in June 1996 and for years lived managing my disease by only what the doctors said. In the last 4 years I have found support and lots of information through online AD support groups filled with knowledgeable people. I have learned a lot and I now live a full and happy life, within my limitations. I manage a store and work part-time, and I volunteer with my daughter’s soccer team. I have low energy days, but I have lots of good days too! I would love to talk with anyone who is living with Addison’s disease.

Because my wife has suffered with this disease for over thirty years, I am still interested in learning all I can Most physicians know about the disease but have never treated any one suffering from it. One ER doctor told a floor nurse, “Listen to K’s husband because he knows more about Addison’s disease than we do.”

The seriousness of AD is underestimated since it affects the entire body chemistry and electrolyte balance.

I was invited to join this group. I haven’t been dx-ed as of yet, but two of my ACTH stim. test were borderline and one low… I do have symptoms and what I call episodes… And I surely do need info to see what’s going on with me…
thanks
Bev

I was diagnosed with Addisons in Sept. 2004. Within a week of diagnosis and steriods I felt great. I work full time, lead an active life and have not experienced any problems at all. I struggle some with the weight issue though, as most others have. I enjoy learning from others who also have Addisons.

coping with an Addison’s diagnosis. Need support!

Hi my name is Dianna, I have Addisons Disease going 11 years, It is really wonderful that you have put this web site together. Thank you very much!! I look forward to visiting your web site frequently.
Thank you again for everything,
TTFN Dianna