Addison's Disease Member Introductions

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and when I was put on thyroid, I had very severe adrenal problems. The doctor put me on low dose hydrocortisone. I have not been able to ween off of it in a number of years. I almost did two years ago, but was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation and got sick at the same time and had to increase my dose. Now, if I drop my cortisone dose just 1 mg, I will go into atrial fibrillation and have lots of difficulty with my heart rythem. So, I have been stuck at about 7mg a day.

I have Addison’s after having a bilateral adrenalectomy in March 2006 due to Cushing’s disease.

I have Addison’s and would like to keep in touch with others who live with this disease.

I have been diagnosed with Addison 2 years ago and I still find difficutl to cope with the normal live.

I was diagnosed with Addison’s disease in 1993. I take my hydrocortisone and my fludrocortisone (which I have to import, since I live in Mexico and they’re not sold here, but it’s not a very big deal) and I live a normal life, including yoga and lifting weights. (I’m 69.) At the moment I have no particular need for support, but I’d like to be able to call on this network as the need arises.

I am Teri. Diagnosed, finally, officially almost a year ago, with Secondary Addison’s, after being sick with it, and improperly treated, for almost 3 years.

I am 49. I was diagnosed in September 1996. I have other auto immune issues (aka Schmidt’s Syndrome).

I have been diagnosed with secondary Addison’s caused by hypo pituitary function. I believe there is a genetic problem here because my two brothers are primary Addison’s.

Hi all, I was invited to join the group by David. I have Addison’s after going through surgeries for Cushing’s Disease and ultimately having a bilateral adrenalectomy. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Renee

I have had Addison’s Disease now for 11 years and like to read other’s stories and keep up to date on new info.

Hello hello hello, is there anybody out there??? Hiya i’m joining this group bc my husband and i both have adreal problems. My husband has addisons disease, and i have adrenal insufficiency. Yes you read it right, blew the dr. away when he diagnosed my husband several yrs and i had been living with this…i am hoping to share any information that may be of interest, as well as learning about this disease as well…also looking forward to meeting new people

I have adrenal insufficiency and need support and information from others.

My mom has Addison’s…I know some details but would like to learn more…

I was diagnosed in 2005 with primary addison’s an I would like to hear other addisonians experiences. I would also like to learn how to cope with this disease day by day.

I’m a 25 yr old female with Addison’s Disease

I have adrenal insufficiency and am taking hydrocortisone.

I am on Prednisone for Addison’s Disease and have gained 15 lbs on 3 weeks. How can I stop the weight gain, since I will be on this medicine for life ?
Does anyone have any suggestions Please!!!

My daughter was diagnosed last summer after being ill for months and nearly dying in the ER

I was diagnosed April 1974. I have had many different treatments. The latest is cortef and florinef. Last year I also began thyroid replacement. Overall I am doing well. I look forward to reading about others with Addison’s disease. I have never met another person with Addison’s disease or adrenal insufficiency. I have 2 children. A son 42 and a daughter 40. Both are healthy.

I was diagnosed w/ Addisons Disease (Secondary) in 2004. I also have severe Asthma, Severe Allergies, Reactive Hypoglycemia (due to the Addisons) & Osteopenia. I am single & working (although sometimes extremely difficult with this disease & my Respiratory problems), which in & of itself creates its own unique set of circumstances.