Addison's Disease Member Introductions

I found out in Feb 2007 that I have secondary addison’s. It is a relief to finally find out why I have felt so crappy the past year and half. It all started out for me with being diagnosed with grave’s disease in nov 2005, I had the RAI in feb 2006 and I went hypothyroid one month later. I was put on synthyroid and got a little better but not much. I had a hard time getting up in the morning I was in constant muscle spams all the time. I had carpal tunnel and arthitis. Then about two months later I got real bad Grave’s eye disease and had to go on high doses of steriods. During this time I felt better than I had in a long time. After being on the steriods for about six weeks I was taken off them. I got really bad after that, I thought I had pancreitis and had to go for a slew of tests. I was slowly getting worse and worse. I was getting really bad allergies at that time. Finally I toook my health into my own hands and started searching out why I felt so bad. I found a forum called stop the thyroid madness.com. From that forum I found out that I might have adrenal problems. I switched doctors and went from my endo to a DO. I got off syncrap and went on Armour. I noticed a huge improvement right away, but was still having problems. I did alot of research and got my doctor to run some tests, am cortisol (mine was 14 (5-25).), DHEA-S mine was 84 (34-430). From those tests it was pointing to me being hypopit. So, I had my doctor run more tests IGF-1 mine was 199 (71-352), prolactin mine was 7.3 (1.9-25), aldostrone supine 8 (less than 16), renin supine 2.5 (.2-1.6), Stim test baseline cortisol was 7.9 (5-25) 30min 14.7 and 60min 14.5. ACTH serum was 14 (6-58) From all these tests my doctor and I came to the conclusion I am hypopit. I currently take 3 3/4 grains Armour, .075mgs florinef, cortef taken 5-7.5-5 and .5mgs medrol at bedtime. I am still working up my dose of Armour but I am very close to being optimized finally after a year and half. I have to say I am pretty close to where I was before diagnoses. I have not had a crisis yet, but was close a few times before I was put on medicine. I remember going out and getting really drunk and the next morning my heart rate would be 130 resting and I would feel like I was dying. Well, that is my story in a nutshell, I am really hoping to connect with other people that have this disease.

Michelle

47, 4yrs addisons, mother of 7 happily married.

I am a young wife who has been struggling with “something” for the last 8 years. I have been to doctor after doctor, and Addison’s disease is what they are looking at now.
I would like to meet others with similar symptoms and how they cope.

Hi
I am 37 years old and was diagnosed with Addison’s 10 years ago. Just wanted to hear from others with Addison.
Specially interested to hear what medication and the doze people are taking daily. Also would like to hear from sport activists who have Addison’s, i am currently aiming at running half marathon in August…

best regards
Ingo
Iceland

Hello,
I have had Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis for about 12 years…though just diagnosed 8 years ago. I have been on Adrenal Cortex supplements from my naturopath, but could never get the doctors to do a cortisol test until now. Hmmm, very, very low cortisol. So now I need more tests to see what is going on.

I would like to meet other people and share stories and make new friends.

I would to joing any group that involve people with Addison;s disease…or adrenal indeficiency

I am an Addisons Desease sufferer

Hi! I have Addison’s disease and am interested in what others with the disease have found helpful .

I have secondary Addison’s due to Sheehan’s Syndrome from a ruptured ectopic pregnancy in 1993. I have had a lot of stability problems lately on my steroid replacement and am looking to learn from others experiences.

deb

I have had Addisons siince 1990. I am hoping to get some new ideas on improving my daily life. I struggle on days with very low energy and am wondering what other addisons patients have had success with.

We think our daughter may have Addisons and are trying to find out all we can about it. It’s a long story…

Hi,

I am Sherry and someting is wrong with my adrenal’s and currently, I am in testing for Addison’s Disease. The syptoms are so many that I will not bore you all with them. I will gladly share if you want to know them, however. Latest “fun stuff” to trigger this was a trip to the ER where my sodium was way low (along with magnisium). And here all all along I had been being treated for fibromyalgia! Thanks for letting me join in and look forward to this learning experience!

Sherry

I was recently diagnosed with secondary adrenal insufficiency. I would like to find some support for my particular issue which is very rare.

I’ve had Secondary Addison’s for 5 years. I’m here mostly to help. offer suggestions and debunk wrong and crazy ideas about treatment.

I have adrenal insufficiency …because of long term use of prednisone after a kidney transplant…My meds do not seem to be controlling the symptoms…would love some feedback from others…Linda

Both my dad and I have been diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency - but I am not really sure that they really know what they are doing.

Hi, I was just diagnosed today after over a year of feeling really really bad all the time. I also have rheumatoid arthritis which is why it has taken so long to figure out what’s going on. I am trying to find out what I can about this disease and what I can do to make myself better. I have a lot of questions.

My sister in law has been diagnosed with Addisons. She has been fighting for 7 months, but suffering for about 2 years. In and out of the hospital every 4 weeks. I need to learn how to help.

I was diagnosed with Addison’s disease a couple of years ago and am having a rough time dealing with it. I have other auto immune problems as well. I am looking for knowledge and support.