Alzheimer's Disease Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Alzheimer’s Disease. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

husband has been told he has shy dragar would like to understand more about it

I was formally diagnosed with Diabetes II in 1992 @ 36 years old. It is believed that (because of the extent of the Diabetic Painful Peripheral Neuropathy) I was probably dealing with Diabetes II for possibly 7 to 10 years prior to the diagnosis.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

work with folks with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. We have one of the best dementia units around

I 42 years of age and i have been a caregiver for over 6 years now with different people over the years i really enjoy my work.

I have experineced depression for many years. I now provide counsel for others with depression. I still have a lot to learn.

Longtime vegan - vegetarian for a very long time, then vegan longer than most earthlings have been alive.

My mother who is 71 years old has dementia. She is currently on Razadyne and Namenda. I am her youngest daughter of 3 who is 45 years old. I’m just looking for information and outlet whenever I am frustrated and feel that I need the support from others who can understand the disease far more than I can handle. My older sisters are not much help as they live out of state and not in touch with my mom as much.

Running research blogs into support for diffrnt conditions

I am a hypoglycemic and am always interested in learning about the condition. Thank you! Mike

i am carin for my grandmother who has the 1st stage of Alzheimers, and i have watched her demise…she was vibrant, outgoing and full of life, but now she is scared, lonely, and getting old by the minute…i have to say that as her oldest granchild, i am scared to death. i know that its going to get worse, but i wish that i could slow down time. she is 83 years old. if anyone has any suggestions let me know…it totally breaks my heart thats its out of my control…thanks all…dawn

Book Reader, Librarian and Story Teller in a German Pediatric University Hospital.
Friend of a 14 Year Old “Trooper Tayler” coping with Cerebral Palsy.

Hello, My name is Suzie. I have suffered with ISB most my life. Back in 2003, I had a major belly surgery that has made everything worse. I suffer just about everyday. I would love to chat with others who have the same problem. Thanks

Hi Cathy,

I’m interested in your website.

Thank you,
Mary Liz, from Cystic-L

I am a woman who wants to learn more about the conditions of others and help thoes who want the help.

I lived with Achalasia for 16 years before havng the conventional surgery in 1996.