Alzheimer's Disease Member Introductions

I am studying Alzheimer’s and how it affects people, both the caregiver and the person receiving the care.

I developed this rash on both legs and around 1 ankle,and i thought oh great i have ring worm. I had been working in my yard alot last summer and was on the ground pull up weeds and stuff thats when i noticed it. I have had it for about 6months and it isn’t getting better. I really need to find out what to do to get this gone and if anyone knows where this comes from?

FIL was just diagnosed with dementia.

I am very interested in Cholangiocarcinoma…we found out in July 2004 that my mother had this and by Feb 3, 2005 she had died…it is a cruel disease…She went to a cancer surgeon and had an operation to take part of her liver out that was diseased and when he got in there, she had already gotten a spot on her lymphnode above her liver, so he just closed her back up…we got Hospice about half way through all this and they were such a big help…I only have high praise for this organization!! They were wonderful to her…

my mother suffers with alzheimers. would like to talk wt other people .in he same situation.

My mother is suffering from Alzheimer’s Disease. I am looking for help, support and a place to vent my thoughts and emotions. It is my hope that I can offer an ear with an open heart to others sharing the same experiences with a loved one.

Hi, I’m looking to find more info on what I am permitted to eat. I’ve not been offically dx’d yet but they think it is fructose intolerance.

hi, my name is Denise, i am 43yrs old, the youngest of five, I have 3 sisters and a bro not close by, my mother was brought here because i didnt want her to be put in a nursing home. she is 80, been with me for about 2 yrs now, she has had a few strokes, which showed up on the mri. her memory short term is terrible, but she digs up all the bad things from the past. she has dementia and the middle stages of alzheimer’s. I find it very hard, frustrating, we fight over stupid stuff, but she has had very negative attitude her whole life, and she is bringing me down.
i love her, i am trying my best, she keeps doing things and blaming others for it, and wants answers from me. i need help. an full blooded italian with alzheimers or dementia is rough… den

just trying to learn how to deal with “dear old mom”.

my mom has the disease

My father in law has Alzheimers Disease and we recently felt we had no choice than to place him in a care home. We want to find out as much as we can about the condition and keep abreast of all new treatments, etc, so that we can help him to have as fulfilling a life as possible for as long as possible. Not sure if this forum is only for Alzheimers sufferers or also includes relatives and carers?

i’m samantha, i live with a woman with this condition.
i don’t feel like telling you that much about myself. this isn’t about me, it’s about me helping people and people helping me figure out how to deal with this ordeal.

My mother is 68, has an early diagnosis for alzheimer’s was doing very well until she had a heart attack this past February. It has accellerated the symptoms to the extent that I had to put her into a care facility. Because I’m the oldest and single the rest of the family has put her care in my hands. I was looking for somewhere that people understand how frustrating it is when she breaks her glasses all the time and when she forgets who you are half the time. I feel guilty because I put her in a home, mentally I know that I couldn’t care for her by myself but it’s hard convincing my heart of that fact when she’s calling because she wants to be picked up.

~row

Wow, my mom is 71 and is also been diagnosed with early vascular dementia when she had a TIA and minor strokes since then 3 years ago. She’s on razadyne and namenda. She is still living with me. She’s high functioning, however, simple thoughts of process such as operating a tv remote she cannot do. I send her to Adult Day Care everyday to ensure she is still interactive with people and has something to do on a routine daily basis. I dread of the day I will have to send her to a facility when I will no longer be able to care for her. Medicare & Medicaid indicates that they will only pay if she can no longer dress or clean herself. I am the youngest of the 3 sisters and I’ve been the only one that is able to care for her financially and willingly. It has been a drain on me financially as I am single, however, it has been a mixed blessing. She’s never worked a single day in her life. Dad abandoned her and married another woman whos is 3 years older than I; and I am 45 years
old. I can relate to alot of guilty feelings as sometimes I feel I need a break to go out on a date or just catch up with some of my lifelong girlfriends. I know I am supposed to not feel guilty as I need to care for myself as well as tend to her needs on a daily basis. I even feel bad when I get asked out on a date especially when I know my situation and sometimes I don’t even want to bother as I know the situation can be a damper. Oh well, Life is not easy at times, but my faith keeps me strong as I know God has special plans for me and will never give me more than I can handle… Keep the faith strong.
row alzheimers-cpt2524@lists.careplace.com wrote:

My mom has alzheimer’s, we just don’t know what stage she is in. She forgets what she is saying, forgets names of items or our own names.

She yells at me for the stupid things that happen in a day, she blows things out of proportion, I get so tired of her repeating things.

My daughter and I have discussions and mom has to know what we are talking about, this is all the time, oh yeah we live with my mom right now because she cannot function on her own, she thinks that she is fine. Yeah right.

I pray to God that if I get this disease that I will go quickly, because it is only going to get worse, never better.

Enjoy every moment, including the fights.
my mother diec 6/30/07… after suffering years with Alzheimer’s.
oh how I wish I had all those fights over and over again.

Ruth

Quoting kitkat alzheimers-cpt2524@lists.careplace.com:

~--------------- sent via
careplace.com
~-~ kitkat posted the message below in the Alzheimer’s Disease
Forum.
~-~ The entire conversation can be found here:
http://www.careplace.com/forum/topic/2524
~-~ To respond to this message, reply to this email or sign in to
CarePlace.com
~-~ To start a new conversation, email
alzheimers@lists.careplace.com or sign in to CarePlace.com
~-~ To see kitkat’s profile, go here:
http://www.careplace.com/view/kitkat
~--------------- all text below this
line will be cut off in your reply

My mom has alzheimer’s, we just don’t know what stage she is in.
She forgets what she is saying, forgets names of items or our own
names.

She yells at me for the stupid things that happen in a day, she
blows things out of proportion, I get so tired of her repeating
things.

My daughter and I have discussions and mom has to know what we
are talking about, this is all the time, oh yeah we live with my
mom right now because she cannot function on her own, she thinks
that she is fine. Yeah right.

I pray to God that if I get this disease that I will go quickly,
because it is only going to get worse, never better.

__
To control the emails you receive from CarePlace, go to
http://www.careplace.com/account-notifications

my grandmother has alzheimer’s. the doctors describe her condition as stage 6, and she seems to be deteriorating pretty rapidly. my mom and my aunt are her primary caregivers, and i’m not sure what’s worse: seeing my grams become a person i don’t recognize or watching the toll it’s taking on my mother. i hope to meet others in my situation so that we can support and help one another.