Anxiety Member Introductions

I am 25, married to a great understanding husband named John, and have a beautiful daughter Margaret. I have always suffered from anxiety but it is beginning to get uncontrollable and am looking for some support that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.

Lonely; cannot make friends; rationalize that I like being alone, although know that’s not entirely true.

I have been living with depression my whole life. Within the last year I was diagnosed with Bipolar and I am looking for others who have Bipolar to discuss and share experiences.

I just left a treatment facility coming off of benzo’s I need relief of my anxiety naturally.

hoping to express my fears/anxiety and by sharing/listening to stories from others perhaps gain insight and also hopefully give back positive encouragement. I feel quite isolated in my anxiety; hence my hope to share.

I’ve started taking lexapro almost 1 year ago for anxiety.

I am living with severe depression and anxiety and would like to know how to deal with it and connect with people who are like me and experience the same feelings as myself

my daughter-in law has bi polar disorder. two days ago she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. they kept here in the hospital now i am scared.

My name is Sally. I have lived with anxiety and depression for basically my whole life. I have always had a very low opinion of myself and what I have to say doesnt matter. I am 45 years old and still battle these demons on a daily basis

I was diagnosed with Agoraphobia. I have done research on this but I am unable to find out if there is a cure. Or how long this could last.
I am currently seeing a Medical Dr a gyn a Psyciatrist and a Therapist.
Nobody seems to know alot about this, so I am hoping that someone can help me find answers.

I have had anxiety since i was a young child and still have it to this day. I have gone through priods without having them for years. i recently quit my job due to the stress it was putting on me and i found my anxiety flaring up. i have trouble sleeping and just want to live a normal life without feeling like i am crazy. I know there are others who experience what i do and i would love to be able to lean on them and have them lean on me.

I have been with this social anxiety for as long as i can remember. I do not want to take meds. I’m 28 years old and feel like a hermit crab sometimes because I dont want to leave my house. I’m always scared to go anywhere but do it anyways cuz i have too… I want to connect with people who understand me.

have severe anxiety and panic attacks. 16 years old. have tried many different medications, doctors, etc with little or no improvement. Currently looking into purchasing the Lucinda Bassett program.

It would be nice and might help to talk to others who suffer from social anxiety.

I AM FEMALE AND HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM ANXIETY/PANIC/DEPRESSION FOR 9 MTHS…I USED TO BE SO FUN LOVING, HAPPY, LOVED TO GO OUT AND GO DANCING…IVE LOST ALL OF THOSE HAPPY FEELINGS…HAVE BEEN TAKING XANAX…DOCTOR THEN PUT ME ON BUSPAR…THEN AFTER A MTH, I BECAME WORSE ON BUSPAR …I AM ON EFFEXOR AND XANAX NOW…I EXPERIENCED A SEVER TRAUMA 1 MTH AGO…MY NEIGHBOR CLOSED OFF HIS BASEMENT , AND DISCONNECTED THE GAS LINE…THE HOUSE EXPLODED, I LIVE 4 DOORS DOWN…IT WAS A DISASTER…72 HOMES WERE DAMAGED INCLUDING MINE…I CANT GET OVER THE FEAR NOW OF BEING ALONE…I NEED TO TALK WITH OTHERS…

I am 20 weeks pregnant right now and my doctor insist that there is nothing he can give me to help with my panic attacks that I have on a regular basis and that has gotten worse with my pregnancy. He wants to put me on an antidepressant but I am afraid to take them since I’ve heard all the bad things about them and pregnancy. I really want to know if there is anything I can take on a regular basis that would help and be safe for me and my baby. Thank you.

l have anxiety,and depression for such along time.l would like to chat with other people with this illness.

27 year iold female. For about 5 months, been experiencing heart palpitations during exercise. This leads me into a panic attack, leading into more palpitations… Landed me in the ER once, and have seen a cardiologist and an electrophysiologist. Everytest possible taken, includng EKG, Echo, stress test, holter monitor etc. The last couple weeks, I have been getting the palpitations even when not exercising, whis has thrown me for a loop. Everyone is insisting that since all tests have come back for me being healthy, it must ben anxiety, exp. since I am obsessing daily over this! I am even scared to exercise, something I have done 5 days a wekks my entire life!

I’ve been in a relationship with someone who suffers from, at the very least, anxiety. I believe her to be bi-polar, but, I’m not a physician. My wife disappeared two and a half years ago, only to show up at my balcony this past Tuesday. She was unkempt, dirty and obviously homeless. I could not turn her away when she asked if she could stay (said she had no place else). After two days of cleaning her up, feeding her, trying to talk to her,… she walked out again.
She is in desperate need of help, and, I know I don’t have the tools to help her. I can say, I believe she is on the verge of admitting a real problem, but, I can’t be sure. All I know is I care for her and do not want to see her living on the streets. I just don’t know what else I can do. Those who suffer a condition, rarely understand what it does to those that love them. I have just had to refuse her money, and it makes me feel like shit (pardon the expression). Can you help? Please?

I’ve been diagnosed with depression/anxiety since 2000. Would like to connect with people who can relate.