Anxiety Member Introductions

I like to chat with others so I can learn how to deal with my situations, I had other chats and it helped me a great deal knowing Im not the only one that down. Maybe I can get some feedback on this site.

I came down with Bacterial Meningitis in 2001 just one day shy of a month after the 9/11 attacks. I’m fully recovered but with long lasting physical scars. I’m hoping to meet more people who have come through such tough times and still remain okay.

I’m interested in this condition because I’ve had it on and off for about 6 years now. Every time I have dental work it semms to act up. Interested in hearing about new treatments or anything that someone else has found successful in stopping the pain.

hi, I am Michele, a mother of 3 with my youngest being born with bilateral clubbed feet.

I’ve been struggling with OCD since SIX YEARS OF AGE… at a time, BEFORE anybody HAD A NAME FOR IT, or, KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT IT; except for “Dr. Freud”… who thought that: “it HAD SOMETHING TO DO… with TOILET TRAINING in MEN!!!” But then… with “Dr. Freud” IT’S ALL… either ORAL or ANAL!!! 8-)))

In addition… i’ve: BEEN “FEATURED” on ABC TV’s 20/20… i was the SECOND HOARDER… that they EVER HAD ON THE SHOW… nearly 15 YEARS AGO!!!

i’ve been the “resident expert”, in numerous online support groups… many, based in England… and some, in the midwest…

i’ve also been on DOZENS of SSRI medications… some, with DISASTEROUS OUTCOMES (suicidal ideation, extreme weight gain, dehydration, worsening of conditions, etc, etc)… and, CBT programs… with LITTLE or NO positive results!!!

and now… i’m here!!!

I have this condition and have never met another person with it, so this community is very interesting.

We have a 16 month old daughter, Maya with an hemangioma on (in) her upper lip. She’s had it since about 3 months old. Nothing has really worked and so now we are awaiting a plastic surgeon appointment.

Hi , My name is shirley & i’m 47 with severe emphysema…
Would like to met other to share with…

hello i was in a car wreck in jan2007 i have had a low grade headache since but 8 1/2 weeks ago it has got unbearable went to hospital had a mri and they tild me i had ess are ther any help for it

My wife has had CFS for seven years I am her carer and work full time. I am very interested in research in the CFS area.

I have started a petition at ipetitions to urge governments to redirect CFS psychology research into CFS biology research so that real progress can be made.

My petition is at:

Just ignore the request for donation. Your signature will still be registered if you don’t donate.

I have FSGS/Nephrotic Syndrome with MCD

Hello; I’m Carol in Tx, and my father recently passed away from Alzheimer’s 3 months after my mother passed away from being sick. We found out she had cancer. They both previously had strokes. After hurricane Rita, alot of people’s health declined, including my father, in which his symptoms got worse. My sister finally found a facility that takes care of Alzheimer’s patients. He was there 9 months and passed away. It is not too late for me to get more answers as to how this happens. He remembered us, and even was feeding himself the last time we visited. Thanks so much for this opportunity to do this.

Hello ,
My name is Patricia i live in Maine. I have had rsd for 10years in my left foot and leg spreading up my other leg due to surgery on my foot. This disease has totally ruined my life. I had to stop working, my income has dropped i am on ssd. The pain and burning is unbelievable sometimes cant deal with it. Cant do things i used to like get down aon floor and play with my grandchildren. Oh by the way i am 55yrs old and i have 5 grown children and 12 grandchildren. They are waht keeps me going.

hugs Patricia

Hi,

I have Protein S Deficiency & many other health problems. Both genetic & not genetic.

I have 100% blockage of the Superior Vena Cava from a blood clot that has been there for 7 years.

Recently (May 29th) had surgery to remove a mass in my neck (benign!!) & it was tricky keeping my blood thin but not too thin for surgery. I am healing well.

I look forward to chatting with others.

Hugs, RustyLady

I had the surgery a couple of years ago and my shoulder is still hurtin. I think I was better off without the surgery. Would like to hear from other people about their experince with it.

I was told that I may have ARVD and have found great comfort in the people around me in the online yahoo ARVD/C support group. They keep everyone so lifted and I have grown so close and want to continue to grow in that support! I want to learn more about this issue for family members, doctors and myself.

MD, MPH Senior Consultant Internal Medicine & Gastroenterology & Hepatology. Have expersience from several rare diseases

My doctor discussed this the other day and I want to learn all I can concernig same, as I may have it.

I ma a sick gulf war veteran.

Spouse, actually, I am an “ex-spouse” of a NPD male. I have reunited with him, but not re-married.

Married for 14 years, very very confusing and painful years for me. We have two beautiful children. …10 and 5 yers old.

He seemed to have had some kind of life-altering “epiphany” after our divorce, but it has been work still for him to maintain his new perspective, obviously. It has also been hard for me to maintain my commitment to living in the walk of my own codes of sanity.

I’m just interested in reading and communicating with others about this roller-coster and making further sense of the non-sensical. I’m trying to plan for my future and trying to stay positive, strong and competent.!