Anxiety?

Hello…  My name is Chris and I just turned the big 30!  I am happily married, have a great career in the finance industry, and my wife and I are trying to start our family.  Recently (over the past month) I have been suffering from what seems to be anxiety and nervousness.  I walk into meetings at work and feel trapped, when I think about weekend plans I get nervous…I don’t understand what is causing this all of the sudden.  However, it is very tough to deal with, and it is scaring me.  I woke up last week in the middle of the night to sweating and shaking hands…  I have no idea what is going on.  Can anyone help me?  These new feelings seem like they are starting to control my daily life.

Chris, I think you should go see your Dr.  He will probably want to do some tests to see what is going on.  There are many good meds that can help, but I think you need a professional evaluation.

I hope this gets better soon,  Rachel

Thanks Rachel.  I have an appointment next week, so hopefully everything will be ok.  I just want to know what could be causing the anxiety.  It is more bothersome to me than anything else.

Thanks Rachel.  I have an appointment next week, so hopefully everything will be ok.  I just want to know what could be causing the anxiety.  It is more bothersome to me than anything else.

Hello Chris! My name is Michelle. I have social anxiety. I was wondering
if you have recently gone through alot of stress? I’m not saying you have
Social anxiety but it sounds alot like it and I have read that it can just
show up even if you have never had it before but in usually shows up after
some very stressful situation. I know mine surfaced after my husband left
me when I was pregnant. I had lots of other stress in my life but it seems
this was the straw that broke the camels back.

Blessings!
Michelle <><

On 4/13/07, Tamer anxiety-cpt2567@lists.careplace.com wrote:

there could be a connection between stating a family and your nervousness.  That is a major life change.  Im glad you are going to see a doctor.   Panic attacks  make no sense.  Try to calm your breathing when it starts.  I know because i get them.  I was in a caraccident  a year ago and for about six months I would get themwhile driving.  I turn the music up really loud to calm myself.their gone now .blessings to you.        

Sorry to hear you are going through this.. I wouldn't wish them on anyone. I myself have had them all my life. But they got worse after I had a very stressful yr. and I do find I get them more often when I'm not feeling well with the flu or when I don't drink enough water..

I agree with the others you could be under stress you aren't even aware of.. Good to hear you are seeing your doc.

Let us know how you are doing!

Diana

I will thank you. I am looking forward to the appointment this week. However, I have an extremely busy day tomorrow at work which…again…is making me stress out for some reason. Thanks for the support.

ittybitty50 anxiety-cpt2567@lists.careplace.com wrote:

hi tamer

went thru the same thing especially at work...i would walk into work and start feeling like i was trapped and needed to run out...i did my best to hide it from everyone, but last april, i had a full blown panic attack at work and was found in the bathroom crying out of control....then everything strarted to happen in our neighborhood...4 drive by shootings...a house exploded 3 doors up from me and i was home alone, glass exploded all over me...then my anxiety got worse could not drive, did not want to leave home, had to resign from my job, because my work place stated i was not sick enough for disability....i then got help from my reg doc and he kept throwing me on different meds...and i got worse....remember reg docs are not trained in anxiety/depression problems...they just dabble in it....try this , then this, then this....after you get a over all check up, blood work...then you must see a professional physy doctor..they are trained so well with the mind and how it works its unbelievalbe....he took me off the meds i was on and put me on lexapro and klonipin and the very day i slept for the first time in 4 mths...next day i felt like i was a different person....was not experiencing any side effects and by the 2 week was feeling good, buy the 4 week like a whole new me.....dont give up...but do see a professional after you see your doc...dont let him let you be a guinea pig...its not worth it....i am healing great...im driving, no social anxiety, i go everywhere, stores, parties..ect...have not done so in over year...it feels good.......and remember our brains produce our own systoms....so if you focus on the neg and what is going to happen today tomorrow or the weekend, then our minds feed off of our neg thoughts and turns in into anxity...but when we change our thought to positive (takes practice ) thoughts, our minds start getting confused because it is so used to our neg thoughts...just tell yourself, im fine,  its just anxiety, its ok to feel this way and it will go away, do breathing excercisies...and start the positive thinking...i hope this helps...i been though it all and you can heal yourself...it takes time but you learn so much about how your mind controls your whole body...

take care, god bless  tewe   aka teresa

hi tamer

went thru the same thing especially at work...i would walk into work and start feeling like i was trapped and needed to run out...i did my best to hide it from everyone, but last april, i had a full blown panic attack at work and was found in the bathroom crying out of control....then everything strarted to happen in our neighborhood...4 drive by shootings...a house exploded 3 doors up from me and i was home alone, glass exploded all over me...then my anxiety got worse could not drive, did not want to leave home, had to resign from my job, because my work place stated i was not sick enough for disability....i then got help from my reg doc and he kept throwing me on different meds...and i got worse....remember reg docs are not trained in anxiety/depression problems...they just dabble in it....try this , then this, then this....after you get a over all check up, blood work...then you must see a professional physy doctor..they are trained so well with the mind and how it works its unbelievalbe....he took me off the meds i was on and put me on lexapro and klonipin and the very day i slept for the first time in 4 mths...next day i felt like i was a different person....was not experiencing any side effects and by the 2 week was feeling good, buy the 4 week like a whole new me.....dont give up...but do see a professional after you see your doc...dont let him let you be a guinea pig...its not worth it....i am healing great...im driving, no social anxiety, i go everywhere, stores, parties..ect...have not done so in over year...it feels good.......and remember our brains produce our own systoms....so if you focus on the neg and what is going to happen today tomorrow or the weekend, then our minds feed off of our neg thoughts and turns in into anxity...but when we change our thought to positive (takes practice ) thoughts, our minds start getting confused because it is so used to our neg thoughts...just tell yourself, im fine,  its just anxiety, its ok to feel this way and it will go away, do breathing excercisies...and start the positive thinking...i hope this helps...i been though it all and you can heal yourself...it takes time but you learn so much about how your mind controls your whole body...

take care, god bless  tewe   aka teresa

Tamer, I have anxiety with panic attacks and was diagnosed around the age of 34-35 after a sudden onset of a panic attack.  There was nothing really going on in my life that was particularly stressful.  Just one day I was driving down the road after a sales call, happy, relaxed and then all the sudden my heart started pounding really fast and hard.  I pulled off to the side and stopped my car for fear I was having a heart attack!  It seemed to go away rather quickly but I made an appointment with my doc and went in to see him within a day or so.  It was then when I started to take Ativan as needed when that happened or was uptight about things.  I have been taking Xanax for the last 10 years or so.  It helps a lot, epecially when I have to go shopping or around crowds of people.  I used to be very outgoing and social, going to parties, vacations, etc.  Now I don't want to go out in crowds or on a plane or anything like that.  I don't know what happened .. I'm just different now.  I like being home more than anywhere - a few years ago I wanted to be anywhere but home!

I have a hard time sleeping, chronic insomnia.  A lot of times (in the past few years) I wake up in a sweat and/or have the weirdest dreams.  I've had to actually change clothes in the middle of the night.  I don't quite understand all this, but dreams are supposedly part of our subconscience mind.  If you have any dreams like mine, they're sure to make you sweat! lol  They're weird.

When is your appointment?  When you're feeling that way, try some deep breathes, hold it and let it out slowly.  This helps anxiety or panic attacks.   Good luck, keep us posted.

Chris, I look forward to hearing what your Dr has to say.  I've recently had an interesting experience.  A previous quack GI told me I was stressed and depressed, before he even talked with me or examaned me.  He gave me an Rx for Klonopin, 1 every 12 hrs. (2 x a day).  I didn't even fill the Rx for a month.  I started to take it when my insides started to feel all "squirmmy" inside.  My PCP refilled it once, said they usually send patiens to a psychiatrist for this med. ???

My GI filled it twice, but then said my PCP should fill it.  I was so confused and angry that the Drs I trusted, would not fill the Rx.

I have a friend who works for a "shrink" (her words, not mine).  I told her of my situation and she got me an appointment the next day.  It was actually a good appointment.  He explained that Klonopin is a "class 4" drug.  and needs to be monitored every 6 months.  He told me that I don't seem to be depressed and am using the klonopin wisely.  He suggested that I take it every day to prevent the gut issues from happening.  Amazingly, I take it about 10:30 am and, so far, I have not had the afternoon tummy twinges.  I always said that I would never take this type of med, but it works and I'm going to keep it.  I am on the lowest dose possible, without cutting the pill in half.  He said that I take such a low dose that if I stoped it, I should not have any withdrawl effects.

I hope that you will find something that works faster than I did, it took a couple years to get here, and I am nowhere near well.

I wish the best to you and will keep you in my prayers~~~ Rachel

Thanks everyone for you information and kind words of encouragement.  Yesterday, I had two interviews for a new position at work, and for some crazy reason...I didn't panic, get nervous (more than normal), or experience any anxiety.  I prayed and prayed, and truly believe that GOD watched over me yesterday giving me the guidance and the self control to handle the very intense interviews I went through.  I am still going to see my doctor, but I wait just a bit longer to see if the anxiety returns, or if I continue to not really "feel like myself".  Any thoughts?  Does anyone agree with my waiting thoughts?

Thanks again to everybody for sharing the stories with me....I believe that reading them made me stronger (yesterday in particular) when living my daily life.

Chris, I think you should keep your Dr appointment.  Some blood work could be revealing.  I am glad that the interviews went so well, keep us posted!

Rachel

Chris, I think you should keep your Dr appointment.  Some blood work could be revealing.  I am glad that the interviews went so well, keep us posted!

Rachel

Tamer, hooray for your calm interviews!  And yes, God is watching out for you!  In my personal opinion, you should keep your appointment and get a jump start on this anxiety thing.  Obviously it's been aproblem and one you should definitely address.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.  Big hugs.

I am keeping the appointment, due to the fact that one day of calmness doesn’t make up for all of the anxiety I have been dealing with.  I appreciate everyone’s support, and will let you know as soon as I do.  I have been told that I might be developing Type 1 diabetes which would explain some of the shaking and dizziness I have been experiencing…only time will tell.  I should know if I got the job by the end of the week so say some prayers for me if you can, and keep your fingers crossed.