Asperger's Syndrome Member Introductions

I have recently been told I might have Asperger’s

I have a son diagnosed with Asperger’s in 2000.

Hi
I have a 22 yr old son with aspergers, he is really struggling right now with mental health problems and denial. I hate to see him like this and hope for some support to get us through this.
cariad

My son was diagnosed with ADHD at 7yo. I have had concerns about ODD and he also has trouble with depression. Now at 12yo my son has been diagnosed with Aspergers (High Functioning) and possibly Bipolar Disorder. I’m looking for information and support.

I’m interested in connecting with other parents of teens with high functioning autism to talk about summer program resources. I am starting a grass roots campaign to inform local programs that already provide teen summer camps of the need for more of them but also for special interest camps for teens with high functioning autism. I am well connected to the autism community Pittsburgh and work for a non profit that serves children with autism. But funding is always an issue, so I’m going to get the ball rolling myself. Anyone out there have teens with ASD who are high functioning and totally board and underserved during the summer months? What if the museums and zoos and outdoor camps and colleges with computer programs and science programs actually offered a week each summer for kids on the Spectrum? What if it could become an Institute where kids could select from tracks of study all summer based on their area of interest? What if we could get the school districts to pay for it? We need to speak out! There just isn’t enough out there for typical kids age 12 and up, let alone for our kids! Please let me know what your family has done to fill the summer months, and what you need. If there were a perfect world for your child next summer, what would it look like?

I have a spouse with Aspergers

My son has Asperger’s…

I am married to an man with Asperger’s Syndrome

I’m a late 40s man with Aspergers. I want to know what support programs there are out there for people like me.

I am a single mom (divorced) and have a fifteen year old son with Asperger’s. Teen-age years are difficult at times. I thought I could swap some insight with some other member. I signed up when I read the story of the woman who strongly suspects that her husband has Asperger’s. I went through the same realization several years ago. The best thing that could happen to you is to realize what you are dealing with. I’ll be reading the postings.

Hi, I’m interested in Asperger’s Syndrome because my 9 year old son has been diagnosed with it as well as bipolar and adhd. My husband and I both are being treated for depression. We also have a “typical” almost 12 year old.

I am 21 year old with Aspergers, and a junior at UTSA and and a pianist. We would like to meet other young adults as well as adults with Aspergers.

I would like to know about group support and resources for Aspergers in San Antonio

My son, Sammy (9) was just diagnosed on Monday with AS. We have suspected for years that his issues went far beyond ADHD and that he probably was misdiagnosed. I have researched Sensory Integration Dysfunction and thought that might be where Sammy fit in. However, the last few years we have seen more and more of his social awkwardness and other issues that lead us to suspect Aspergers. I am here hoping to connect with others and share thoughts and ideas to help him. Thank you!

Hello, my name is Linda and I have been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. I’m coming to this forum to meet others like myself and aquire as much information as possible on Aspergers so that I can understand how to better socially interact and integrate into society. My main goal is to focus on finishing college an being able to have success with social relationships-networking and making friends as well as having a long standing career in the primary economy.

Hi everyone - I’m Jonah and I have Aperger’s Syndrome. I am 26 years old and married to an incredible young woman that constantly takes my breath away. We parent a small dog - Copper - who is a purebred Beagle. I attend classes full-time at Bemidji State University while my wife works and attends classes part-time at Northwest Technical College.

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused: