Asperger's Syndrome Member Introductions

I am the mother of a seven year old boy who has not been “officially” diagnosed with AS but it is simply because the small private school he attends does not believe in attaching labels. I am at my wits end with trying to cope with his negativity, lack of social skills, and emotional outbursts. I need to hear from others who might have similar issues.

My husband has been diagnosed with asperger’s syndrome. I would like to know more about it. We are having a real hard time and I need to understand his attitudes. We met not long before. He was sweet and kind.
But, today he’s distant. doesn’t talk much at all. says and does things like he has no regard to how they will effect me or others. Please help me understand. I Love him and our marriage is on rocky ground.

Hello. I am a self/late diagnosed 55yo Aspie with Personality Disorder NOS as of 1989 (when I got sober). There is no knowledge of ASD in my community or my doctors in Johnson City TN, so I’s a lookin.’ I don’t know, yet if there is an adult group on Careplace, but I shall soon learn once I finish registering. I desperately need to connect with other Aspies either online or motorcycling to a group within say 150 miles or so. I didn’t know that I didn’t know the intricate social rules, out there, until about a year ago. I’m alone, not working, but reletively happy and I keep myself busy. I’m kind of like semi-retired; not knowing if I’ll ever work again. I am so glad to have finally found some answers to my plight.
Charlie

Hello, I am a parent of a daughter who is 12 with what the doctors and therapists say might be aspergers. She sort of fits it and yet sort of doesn’t. I have recently been looking into PDD and that seems to fit better. We for years thought it was behavioral and parented very wrong if it is Aspergers. Now I fear there are alot of other issues for her now. I am lost and she wants to live in her room reading.

I’m a 48-year-old woman who recently discovered Asperger’s, and think I may have it. I’m being referred for assessment, but that may take a month or two more. I’d like to share with others with Asperger’s, and would be glad to talk with parents of Aspies (I gather many members here are parents).

i have a 11 year old son with asperger’s

I just want to be a good mother, but my son wont let me, he’s never happy, they had said he was autistic hf now they have upgraded him to Asperger’s. He’s 12 and the social life is killing us. We are trying 4H and had a special meeting tonight and the woodcarver canceled, there where other booths to work. He went into vapor lock, then melt down so we left. I try to keep him busy and yet not over stimulate. I am tired and want to cry, today is the first day of summer I don’t think I’ll make it. It’s been a long day and there is alot more I could say, bottom line I need help. I think I’m going crazy or maybe a breakdown. I love him more than life. No one would love him or take care of him like me. If he only could feel that. If I just smile at him he yells at me to stop laughing at him. Tell me he will learn to read faces, not think everyone is laughing at him. Will he ever be happy?

I have a almost 6 year old son that was diagnosed with asperger’s and I am still trying to find out if he fits the description

Hi, I am married with two children. We live in Minnesota. My daughter is 13, and my son is 9 and has AS. We are trying to cope best we can. He has lot’s of challenges, but also so many good things.

My son has Asperger’s and is 8 years old. I love him so much and would like to learn more so I can see the world in his eyes!

My name is Steve. My 11yr old son has AS-PDD-High Functioning Autism. He needs to learn social skills to develop long lasting relationships in this very judgemental society we live in.

I have a 20 year old son with AS - I would like to find other families who have young adults with AS and compare notes

Hello, I was not sure how to in on the conversations. I wrote but I do not see it. I am with my partner 3 years who has AS. I don’t know what do to.

Good to see so many here. I love this site already
So can anyone tell me how it feeel here

//Hjalle

My son is 11 and has Aspergers. He was only daignosed a couple of years ago so, it has been a struggle any place I can find information, i do.

I’m a mom of an 11 year old boy with A.S. My son is in need of communicating with other Aspies his age or older so that he has a better understanding that he is not alone in his world. If there are any kids out there that have similar needs, he would love to hear from you. His name is Kyle.

I am interested in AS ecause my 8 year old daughter has it…She was diagnosed with it at 6 but there were obvious problems by the age of 3 and 4. I just want to get all the information on it I can to help parent her better.

I have a 21 year old Aspie still living at home with me. We live in Summerville, S.C. He wasn’t “officially” dx’d until he turned 18, although he has been treated and counseled for seizures, ADD, learning difficulties, etc., since he was 5. Until his dx I had never heard of Asperger’s. I am trying to find some connections to make his life easier. Trying to find resources for him has been extremely difficult. I am always looking for info and ways to help him out. I’m always looking for info and resources for myself as well.
Thanks so much,
Aileen

I have friends who have an adult son with Asperger’s Syndrome and they are trying to provide for him in their retirement years and wondering how re-arranging their finances could help him.

I am an adult diagnosised with asperger’s and wanting to find a local support group in my area.