Bipolar Member Introductions

Bipolar describes me best… never knew there was a name for who and how i am… still learning…
I want to learn how to cope, and have counseling for me and my boyfriend… i dont want to loose him, he is willing to be involved, very supportive… at first he didnt want to believe, but then again neither did my doctor, lol.

My dad has bipolar too… he’s gotten worse over the years from lack of medication. zero. he’s never gotten help, and i dont want to end up like him. he sucks.

I live alone now due to our inability to coexist, and its been so much harder to cope… at least i feel i am making good progress (mentally) but, chemically, i still need to find the right pill… and i need a good psychiatrist! … i really want a good doc. my doctor derouted me, rather than help me! i feel like i take a few steps forward only to move even further back after a while… i keep ending up back on the main floor?

I need my friends, coworkers, and family to understand me better, I want to understand myself!!

Officially diagnosed with depression Jan 2002 and bipolar Sep 2006, though struggling with both since I was a teenager.

i am desparatelty trying to find a drug that doesnt make me fat and bald??? Also, i forgot what a sexdrive is??? Does anyone have a clue where i can get a prescribed drug which helps my condition without such awful life limiting side effects? What it is? Ive been diagnosed less than a yr. My older brother hung himself 2004 and he suffered with bi-polar too. Im on Depekote which is ok, but ive put on two stone and my hair is thinning and ive got a constant thumping headache, stiff neck and sore shoulders.

Please help?

My husband has chronic pain and I am interested in others with chronic pain and how they deal with it and their families. Also, my oldest son has been diagnosed with Bi-polar disorder and he needs alot of help but not sure how to really help him to get on his feet and start to be independent.

i have bioplar disorder with bpd and i feel isolated. need people to talk too with the same problems

I was diagnosed with bipolar in January of 2006

My wife is diagnosed with bipolar.

I am the mother of a daughter who has Bipolar. She was diagnosis after the birth of her daughter. They both live with me. The road is rocky more times than not. I am wanting to learn more so I can help my daughter and learn to cope better.

Diagnosed Bipolar 4 yrs ago, unofficially had it about 12 though. Have been on Early Menopause for 5 years. Looking to talk with others who have same experiences as me. I will be 40 this April 07.

im 20 live with my partner and we have a daughter isabelle .
i need some support and i need to talk to ppl bout when they were first diagnosed.

I’ve been hospitalized multiple times, but was off all medication for over 2 years, doing relatively well & working part time. After being hospitalized last summer I’ve been on Lithium, benedryl, Remeron, Rozarem. Recently I was put on Cymbalta & Neurontin. Is it possible to wean off of these again? Other than the sleep problem, I don’t have any signs of mania or depression.

Hi everyone! I am a 32 year old mother of 3 ages 9, 8 and six months. I am in a second marriage to the love of my life. He is bipolar, and although things can be a bit of a rollarcoaster ride at times, I can’t imagine my life without him. I joined this site to gain understanding and perspective about his illness. I’m ashamed to admit it, but there was a point and time where I truly believed that he could control his rages,depression ect. Now I realize that he truly struggles everyday, and often hates himself for what he says and does. I know that in the past I have probobly esculated things and I really would love any advice on how to handle myself when he is having an episode so that he feels supported instead of isolated. So if any of you have any perspective or advice or just need to talk, you know where I am!Thanks!

I want to learn more about the condition so I can understand why my partner (who I suspect is bipolar but hasnt been diagnosed) behaves the way they do and to be able to offer them more support in dealing with their depression.

I have bipolar disorder and really have no one to talk to about it.

I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder in the year of 2004. This has affected me with work and everything else. I am currently looking for a psychiatrist dealing with biofeedback or neurofeedback because I also have epilepsy. I would like to join a support group close to home but unfortunetely there doesn’t seem to be any close being that I live in Leesburg, FL. Help!! Is there anything out there???

I am the wife of a bipolarII husband. I love him, we’ve been married 37 years. He tries hard ,but I need more coping skills. Sometimes I feel as though I’m the one who is losing it. I need to be able to better help him and myself.

I am bipolar and was diagnosed in 1993. I am on medication. Have been married for 21 yrs. to the same person. I work in a health care facility.

Would like to make friends and be able to chat with people who suffer from the same or help others who live with sufferers. Also have OCD and Anxiety, at times the paranoia and guilt are overwhelming, resulting in complete isolation and the feeling of being rejected … I dread each day as am rapid cycling, everything gets completely out of control, my thoughts, my actions, and it just feels theres no way out…

iam support worker working with austic adults , i was diganosed bi-polar last year after years of being on anti depressants, joined this forum to get some help

I would just like to meet peole who know what I am going through. I have physical disabilities as well as being diagnosed with bipolar. I find it hard to explain to people what I’m going through when they don’t have the same problems. Id like a community where all of us knows the ups and downs this condition can bring.