Bipolar Member Introductions

I am 31 years old, recently diagnosed bi-polar. I want to learn more about it, how i can give myself as better chance as possible ie. diet, lifestyle, stress relief-+ are there support groups out there?

I’m a single mom with a 10 year old boy who has been suffering from bipolar, severe mrdd, adhd and now possible scysoprina. He has been in and out of hospitals,residential and foster homes. I have not and will not give up on him but the stress alone, seeing my baby like this is so stressful. I don’t know where to turn for help or faith anymore. I need to talk about this.

Hi I would love to chat to others that can understand me. I am 24 years old and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2001. I feel lke many ppl just think you can snap out of feeling down and that the illness is in your imagination.

I am interested in this condition because my son suffers from it. He is 32 and his family is just on the point of leaving him, which will leave me in charge. I want to be able to talk to people with the same problems as me and to know how to help my son cope with life.

I have been diagnosed as Bi Polar following a manic episode as a result of ECT for depression. I am eager to learn from the experiences of others and I’m very open to new information and views on treatment.

Concerned about the effect bipolar has on young children when singel parent is bipolar. Worry about the lying, not taking medication, drinking to excess, rapid mood swings. Person reacts with anger to any suggestion that help is needed.

i am the mother of an 18 year old daughter with bipolar disorder. She was diagnosed at 14.

I was dx Bipolar in 1995, i rapid cycle! I am looking for friends that have the same mental illness i do! I want to learn as much as I can about Bipolar, after spending over a decade of just hoping it would all work out! It didn’t

I have Bipolar and was given my diagnosise about 1 month ago, i have had very bad deppresion for YEARS, i would love to learn more about my illness, i take Moclobemide 300mg and Tegretol tabs, please contact me for chat…

Just looking for some help, My fiancee is bipolar & also suffers from PTSD.

It’s very hard for me to speak out loud, all my feelings come out in writings, drawings and outbursts of song lyrics.

I have 2 people in my immediate family whom I believe is bipolar but they are in denial. My entire family deals with depression. I have an on again, off again, boyfriend whom I believe is bipolar and left me about a month ago.

31yrs old and going through the wrost depression of my life

just would like to get some suuport and advice

I am male and living with mental illness which is affecting my homelife,my ability to interact with others and in a way myself.

What is worse is i wasnt given my usual medicine by a doctor in decembre of 2006 because i was 2 weeks late in going for the repeat prescription.

I have also seen another doctor whos seems to be of the opinion that anyone suffereing from mental illness should be someking of gibbering idiot character possessed by some kind of demon like renfield was by dracula.

this is now a year that i have been unmedicated by prescription drugs but have managed to get a variety of anti psychotics and anti depressants from drug dealers.I might have found one that will be able to supply me with regular pills of the same type all the time but i am sick now so much so that my relatives are afraid to be alone with me.I can exopand on this story for anyone wjho would like to hera it.

My 9yob was just dx bp, and I’m interested in connecting with others with children with this disorder.

I have just been diagnosed with bi-polar disorder today by g.p. In such as state that l want to cut myself off with the world. just don’t want to live anymore.

I am 41, living in Wales (UK). My partner is bipolar. I would like to share experiences, gain advice and validation and on occasion be able to let off a little steam. I know I am not alone in supporting someone with bipolar, and I would like to connect with others in the same situation as myself - help!!

I have recently been diagnosed with rapid cycling bi-polar disorder but have been living the car crash scenario all my life. So far I’m responding to treatment, well mostly…

Loving my wife to my best abilities and greatest patience to help her find and option that works.