Bladder Cancer Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Bladder Cancer. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

I was Dx with bladder cancer 1/06 (t1 g2). Have had had 5 turbs all lo grade.

47 year old male who has had bladder cancer and is supposedly cancer free at this time.

I have Bladder Cancer and have had surgery a number of times.

It is not myself that has bladder cancer, it is my husband. He is so closed off and angry and wont talk at all about it. He has had his bladder and prostate removed in Oct of 07. Right now the big issue we have is the sex. He will not open up and tell me what he needs or feels. I have slept in the same bed with this man for over 20 years, and now it is the most uncomfortable time of day, is climbing into bed, i dont know what to do or how to act. HELP ME PLEASE!

I am a bladder cancer survivor and will never stop trying to learn more about this disease.

Hello everyone
I was diagnosed with invasive Bladder cancer in August 2006. After the initial tumor wa removed, I was told at the time I would have to have my bladder removed and have a neobladder constructed.
A referral to Dr Mark Schoenberg at Johns Hopkins reccomended that I go through Chemotherapy first so that the cancer would shrink and make the operation more successful. After Chemo a surprising development took place - an MRI and a biopsy showed no evidence of the cancer. I am now going through the bladder preservation treatment which includes radiation and some addtional chemo. Things look good so far but I realize this all could change quickly. It’s a scary time.
Ray

HI
My husband who is 46 almost 47 was diagnosed with bladder cancer late Nov 2006. His is an agressive cancer and we are trying to get it under control with BCG, but the dr doesnt think it will really help. Our scope after the 6 weeks bcg is at the end of June. Nice to go somewhere where people understand what you are going through.
Lisa

I am Richard. I live with my wife in North Carolina, and we have two grown children and five grand children. I am retired and a bladder cancer survivor of a year and a half now.

I want to learn about any advances in the diagnosis and treatment of bladder cancer and anything, other than the standard BCG treatments, that I can do to prevent its reoccurrence.

I am happy to correspond with anyone who would like to do so. We, indeed, are all in this together.

MY husband has stage 4 bladder cancer.

Hi I’m Sharon my husband had bladder cancer has his bladder removed.

Hi thre everybody. I have been diagnosed with bladder cancer(T1 grade 3) and are under going BCG treatments at he moment. I would like to share my experiences with others and learn from them. I found that it helps to talk to people that goes through the same stuff as yourself. I will help where and if I can.

I have had a radical cystectomy November 2005

I had a radical cystectomy last May. I am 68 years old, healthy and feel good about my decision. I have ongoing digestive disturbances, but other than that, feel good and well. I do feel that my bladder cancer is gone, but I still feel anxious about futher involvement and my next check up…pretty normal I believe. Maybe I can support others trying to make this decision…it was a hard surgery but not half as bad as some had described to me…of course we are all different…my approach is to just do it…not much of a complainer, get it done and get on with life. I care about others and still feel this is a little known cancer and just seems to be dismissed in the general press. Want to be supportive and get support when I am worried and anxious. Sadie

Recently my husband was diagnosed with stage 2, high grade bladder cancer. We have decided on bladder removal , hopefully to achieve best results and longer life result. Anyone with same choice and sharing of experience with stoma experience to share with me, please. Thanks

I am facing bladder removal and haven’t gotten much info from my doctor. Any websites? I have questions about the stoma and the management of urine. I have questions about the surgery and recovery. I had uterine cancer caught in early stage and was told surgery would do it. Then radiation would take care of it. Then chemo was just in case. Then internal radiation was the final thing. Then 7 more months of chemo because there was just a small area at the vaginal cap. Now there is one nodule left that shows malignancy, and they want to remove all but small amount of vagina (I’ve already a complete hysterectomy) and the bladder, as well, because the bladder now sits on top of the vaginal cap and while there seems to be no metastasis, it will be difficult to separate from the vagina.
But no information or options. I’m told we have to move quickly on surgery but everyone’s on vacation and I am being shuffled around.
This is some serious life-altering surgery and I can’t get info from anyone.
I was strong and thought I was healthy when all this began but after two years of treatment, I’m getting weary.

Had two tumors removed from inside bladder and going in for biopsies to check on any more left. Will they put in catheter again now ?? Had radical pc 6 years ago and psa has been .00 for 6 years. Then blood in urine this winter in fl and came to mi and had two tumors removed . largest dime size. I think he said stage 3 . What is BCG?? treat ment and is it proven helpful.??