Brain Tumors Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Brain Tumors. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I am 40 year old female. I have a Tecal Glioma in my brain stem. My current symptoms are vision issues and daily severe migraines/headaches. I have tried just about all treaments for the headaches that you can think of from Botox to Accupuncture, so far nothing has helped. Still looking for a miracle to relieve the pain. So far I have been very lucky that my Tumor is stable and has not grown. I live in CT with my husband and my 3 1/2 year old son and two dogs, a Beagle and a Pug.

I have had so many illnesses and I am continuing trying to get a diagnosis on yet another one. I am looking for answers.

my daughter in law had surgery…how do you deal with it all…not knowing…

I was told when i was 3 months olds i had a brain tumor, i developed hydrocephalus after birth. Thats when i had my first shunt my ma tells me im truely blessed because basicly besides the shunt there is nothing wrong with me all praise goes to god. i had a revision at 10 and another one a month later im 19 now and it has lasted 10 years. I have some vision problems because when they removed the tumor they had to cut the nerves to my eyes i have 20/20 vision i have no side view on my life side and my sides sometimes cross i little my ma is the only one that noiced it that because she said she knows me so well i just want to meet someone like me because i dont know no one else my age that has this condition

I had a brain tumor removed 2years ago , But in those 2yrs I’ve been in hosp. 11times , had 7 surgerys ,2 plates . still not right

Mother of 21 yr old son with anaplastic ependymoma IV
DX 1/9/07 resection, 6wks radiation. sort of clean MRI3/11/07
clean PET

I want to learn about oligoastrocytomas.

I’m a very independent person, 56 with a very dependent body. My biggest challenge in this life is, learning to except my limitations. & for God’s sake Please don’t see me trying to do something, & tell me I know I can’t do it , because I’ll do it, or die trying :>) I’ve really been sick all my life, & yet I convinced myself that I was the healthiest one in the family as a child.
Was told I had Meningitis in March of this tear, & when the Headache won’t go away, M. R. I. WAS DONE, & THEY FOUND A TUMOR IN MY HEAD, called Memingioma, This is what caused me to seek a support group. Now I understand why I run into walls, my eyesight has gotten bad, I get so confused, & feel so stupid. I was a good student, even though I didn’t graduate. I was going crazy because I couldn’t understand why I’m getting so stupid. I now know that’s not the right word. What I am is CONFUSED. My mind just isn’t working the way it should. PRAISE GOD FOR UNDERSTANDING.

Iwas recently diagnosis with lung cancer followed by brain cancer

My husband was recently diagnosed with a low grade tumor on the right temporal lobe after a seizure. He is now on depakote for seizure control. First opinion - do a biopsy soon. We have had 2nd opinion - wait and see. I would lilke to know outcomes from both.

My husband was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor and I thought it would be nice to talk to other people going through the same issues and or trade information etc.

Hi. My 84 y.o. father has GBM. He was a lawyer. Rarely sick prior to this, he opted for neurosurgery in Feb 2007, followed by radiation and ongoing Temodar. Now, my family is struggling with the notion of when to stop treatment. This seems to bring out the best and the worst in families.

my daughter has brain cancer…she previously had a tumoe resected at m.d. anderson,then the rest radiated…all has looked good as far as her being “cancer free” the kast 2 years w/ ongoing mri’s…she decided to start a family and recenty had a beautiful baby girl 1 month premature…she then went back for her mri(missed 1 while pregnant)and found out her cancer is back w/ a vengence…we’re lost…

My name is Kathy and I live in Virginia. I am a mom to a cancer survivor and the same year of his diagnosis anothe child was stricken with a brain tumor. My husband and I have been activately raising money for awareness the pediatric brain tumor research for the past 5 years.

I have 2 family members wilt GBM4, my father who was diagnosed in 1969 and who died in 1971 after surgery and radiation, no other treatment offered. Also my brother who was diagnosed in Feb 2006 and had surgery, radiation, chemo and now CPT/Avastin.

I am a 39 year old Mother of 4. I had been having severe headaches. Had a CT done which found a mass. Had MRI, now awaiting the results.