Brain Tumors Member Introductions

i have brain cancer had a tumor removed august 8th 2005 it is a astrocytomas grade 3 i have had 4 brain surgerys so far but my doctor said i will come ack soon. my first operation when they opened my head my brain had shifted 18 mm. to the left and when they touched the tumor it ppped

Hello. My name is Teresa and I was diagnosed with Glioblastoma Multiforme in 2000. Due to modern medicine, my awesome oncologist and lots and lots and lots of prayers I am still here and have been cancer free for going on 7 years. I am still being treated but not with anything that makes my hair fall out or my blood counts drop. I love meeting other people that have been diagnosed with brain tumors just to offer encouragement and hope.

I’m Jake’s mom, Katrina. Jake was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2000 when he was 10. His treatment consisted of 6 weeks of radiation and 18 months of chemo. After 4 1/2 years of stable MRI reports, his tumor is growing again. It’s on the optic chiasm, so he has vision difficulties and is legally blind. Jake will be a junior in high school this fall, so with all of his friends already driving, it’s a hard obstacle for Jake to overcome. He won’t get to drive, which is very hard for him to accept. I’m here now because of the news of the MRI results, and because Jake has to start round two of chemo next week. This means port surgery, blood work, low counts, hospitals, clinics, and needle pokes for the next year and a half. (for a second time!) We need all the support we can find right now.

am searching for a place to share experiences & possibly start a local support group. Had a large meningioma tumor removed from my frontal lobe in may this year. Does any one know of a support group where it is o.k. to go with a large scar & a bad haircut?

I’M INTERESTED BECAUSE I HAD A FRIEND THAT DIED OF CANCER YEARS AGO AND I HAVE ANTHER FRIEND WITH BRAIN CANCER TUMORSAND LUNG CANCER. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT THE SYMPTOMS OF BRAIN TUMORS FOR HIS WIFE SO SHE CAN UNDERSTAND THE STAGE THAT HE IS IN.
THEY THINK THE LUNG CANCER IS IN STAGE 4 AND THE BRAIN CANCER IS IN THE STAGE OF 2. I NEED TO NOW THE SYMPTOMS OF EACH STAGE OF BRAIN CANCER TUMORS FOR HER.

Hi Everyone. My name is Mark and my dad has a GBM tumor. He’s really not doing too well, and it is getting very difficult. My mom is his his main care giver, and she is also having a very tough time. He has lost the use of his left arm and most of his left leg. He is a great person and a loving dad, but seems to be going down hill almost daily and is blaming the world. I thought I would see what a web site like this could do for support. I have never joined a support group before. My dad is 74, and I am 41.
Thanks

I am the proud parent of a 11 year old girl who was diagnosed with a brain tumor 2 years ago, she had surgery and chemotherapy and happily, althugh the tumor partially remains it had not changed or grown. I would like to connect with other parents who are in the same situation as they watch the unexpected and other changes in their children that they were never prepared for.

underdog47

my husband has a brain tumor

Hello, I am researching glioblastoma multiforme for a novel I am in the process of writing. In my research, I have been greatly moved and affected by the testimonials I have read. It is my desire to write accurately and candidly about the emotional and spiritual implications of a terminal cancer diagnosis, while maintaining medical accuracy. I am wondering if any of you would be willing to share your stories with me, so I might better understand your challenges, and in turn, produce a strong novel written with integrity and respect for the many who have been affected by such a difficult prognosis.
Thank you,
Respectfully, MJT

my mother hads a brain tumor . they say she might not get better. i want to know if it has to get worse to get better .

I have an Acoustic Neuroma in rt ear. Searching information.

My husband has melenoma and it has spread to his brain. He will be going for gamma knife and I would like to know why they have to take a biopsy if they already know what it is.

I have brain tumor and am managing to stay alive using alternative medicines. I have tried several but want to listen to anyone that is also surviving using similar methods.

My daughter has brain cancer… AGAIN! Only this time she is a new mommy. We fought it for 10 years the first time and thought we had won the battle. She waited 2 years, then got pregnant, with blessings from her doctors. She skipped ONE MRI during pregnancy, had the baby, then had the MRI and discovered the cancer is back with a vengeance. I am so scared that she won’t be around to raise and love her precious baby girl. This time she can’t have radiation and they can’t surgically remove the tumor because it is deeper in her brain. Chemo is her only option, and chemo did nothing for her before. She’s taking a new drug that wasn’t available the first time around, but if this one doesn’t work the doctors don’t have a “Plan B.”

Strangebrew is on here, too. He’s my hubby. We’re a great team. :slight_smile:

well my wife passed away march 19 07 to a clivial choradoma and well i would like to talk to suviors or spouses who had their partner pass due to a brain tumor, and i think it would be good to talk about it

my three year old grandson was recently told he had a brain tumor. He had surgery and they removed the tumor. We are waiting on a MRI to tell us if the tumor was totally removed and what type treatment will be needed.
The name they gave his tumor was angiocentric glioma. It is very rare and we can’t find out much on it. There have only been 8 cases in the US that we know about and can’t find out anything about this type glioma. We were wondering if anyone here might know of this type of brain tumor or where we might get some info on this tumor.

I am a counselor with a Hospice in Florida and have a brain cancer patient with challenging behavioral changes affecting his family’s safety.

i have a tumor of my own

My mom has 2 brain tumors.

Hi my name is Patty. I was diagnosed a little more than a year ago with an inoperable brain tumor. I am 40 years old. I would like to connect with someone who understands how I feel…