Brain Tumors Member Introductions

Acoustic neuroma here–I have had 2 surgeries within 2 months and still have to have GK orCK or FSR–2007–the year of my head…

hey all. just thought I would introduce myself.

In May they found two benign cysts (arachnoid and colloid) and in July, they did another cat scan and confirmed it. It is now august (2007) and I own my very own manual wheelchair, am experiencing ALOT of symptoms - but possibly more then that - just a HUGE change in my life due to the situation. At times I am incredibly overwhelmed by the massive amount of transition that’s going on, my seemingly at times senility at 32, and how the whole system works in regard to financial aid and medicine and housing and - pretty much everything.

I am currently going to a “psychosocial” clubhouse 3 times a week (a place where people with physical and emotional disabilities go and hang out and do support groups) but it’s really more for people with mental illness (which I don’t have - yet lol) and as much as I like the people there - very nice people, and it does get me out of the house (I go when my home health aide comes - 3 days a week - and can wheel me to the bus stop) I really want to connect with people who are going through what I am going through. I NEED to connect with people going through what I am going through.

anyone else feel like their going senile at an early age? (and more) let’s chat!

HI EVERYONE! My name is ED, my father was recently diagnosed with a stage 4 tumor on his brain. The doctor did surgery and removed a big piece of it. The doctor told my family that my dad will live another 12-13 months. I was at first, very angry,sad. Now i’m numb. I feel like I am emotionally drained. Then for the icing on the cake. The day my brother and I were coming home, from where my parents live. We found out our cousin had died the night before. She was only 42 years old. She had been sick a long time, so in a way, it was a good thing, she was sick for 40 years.I know that might sound bad to some of you, but she had a serious medical condition. She weighed 60 pounds when she died. She needed a large intestine,a small intestine, and a stomach transplant. She took herself off the list because of her weight. So needless to say the last 2 weeks have been pretty lousy. I’m doing my best, to be strong for my mom, dad, and my brother. I’m the oldest, it’s my responsibility to be strong. I FEEL LIKE THE WORLD IS ON MY SHOULDERS. I know GOD only gives us what we can handle. I have a deep faith in god. I’m not a religous person, i am spiritual though. I’m not trying to preach here, just saying my piece. Any advice on how the rest of you deal with this, would be greatly appreciated, i feel like i’m alone. I know i’m not, but it feels like it. I’m not feeling sorry for myself. I’m in a 12 step recovery program, for alcoholism,and drug addiction. I am applying the things i learned in there, to this situation. I am taking this, ONE DAY AT A TIME. THANKS FOR LISTENING. ED

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused: