Cimetidine for Vibrations

For those of you that have vibrations (mine feels like a mild version of my cell phone) do you take Cimetidine?

Vibrations?? Like how my right eye area has twitched for the last 2 days?

It sucks.

No, I can’t take Cimetidine because it interacts with Metformin and I have to take that for insulin resistance.

Pamela

Can you explain the vibration? This is the first I heard of vibrations. I was having them before and my old doctor thought that was a sure sign of a back problem (nerve pinched or something) – but that didn’t turn out to be the case. This is the first I heard of a vibration being connected to DD!

I asked this earlier this year, has I’m a newbe to this too (December 2007 is when my problems started showing). Anyway, I had posted at one time asking if anyone had vibrations and several responded that they did. Mine were slight, lasting less that 5 minutes, but could go on and off daily. Usually in my breast, abdomen, leg, foot. The fist time, I thought my cell phone was in my pants pocket. I took the Cimetidine for a month or two and realized the vibrations and the tingling in my foot were gone. I quit taking it for about 6 weeks and within a coupla weeks, they were back. I started it again two weeks ago, and the tingling is still there a little but no more vibrations. Don’t have any idea if there could be a connection, just curious.

I usually get this if i have overdone things It feels like an internal motor going off inside me i feel like im buzzing all over my legs especially and neck gets this

I get the vibrations occasionally and it moves around most recently after my shingles episode I have been having them on the left side of my face, not sure if its DD related or nerve related because of the shingles.

I do take the cemetidine but I can usually only take about 100 to 200 mg daily, otherwise I will have a bad IBS flare.

There is not justice when it comes to DD!!

Hugs,
Brennie

Kathie, was your cell phone in your back pocket? I have had vibrations in my right butt check. I told my old doctor about that and he thought that was connected to my back (sciatica pain that went from my back, down my butt and then down my leg) That was the doc that did all those tests and then told me my pain was in my mind…

BUT the vibration thing doesn’t hurt. Just curious if anyone has had the vibration in their butt cheek, hehe, that
sounds sort of funny but I am serious. I wonder if I am all alone with my vibrating butt, LOL

Kathie, I’m curious. Why do you keep stopping and starting the cimetidine? I have heard from a few who have gotten really good results from taking it, but it takes around 6 months of continuous use to get them. One lady I know is actually able to walk five miles a day now. It wasn’t long ago, she couldn’t have walked one mile. She also says her lumps are smaller, harder and less painful. I think she is also taking the noni juice and grape seed extract, so I’m not sure which is helping so much, or if it’s the combination.

Please, don’t anyone start taking Cimetidine, or anything else, without consulting your doctor first!! It has drug interactions with a bunch of medications! Metformin is just one of many.

Hugs and spoons,
Pamela

I have them in my foot usually but haven’t noticed any difference with Cimtadadine and I have been on Cimetadine for the past year…I have however noticed that one large lump has reduced in size somewhat…

I wonder if it is nerve related. I stopped taking the cimetidine to see if i noticed any change, and this was the only one i noticed. i also started vitamin b complex that someone here recommended and i’ve taken it throughout. I haven’t noticed any major difference in my lumps but probably not on it long enough. I had asked Dr. Herbst what one thing she would recommend to slow down the lumps and she said not eating beef and pork and the N acytal cystein. I started on that last week, got it thru the Rx, the liquid used in nebulizers, whooweee, that is some stinky stuff! I’ve ordered tabs to take when this is gone.

I too get these vibrations, although never realised it was vibrations, I would have described it as trickling water in my legs or a putt putt sensation…which I believe is the vibrations. I too get them in my shoulder blades, and neck. My sister has the same too and she was told it was one of the singe and symptoms of fibro. I dont take the tablet you have mentioned either.

geordielass

I get a feeling like you put a tens unit on high pulse in my shoulders and neck. I also get it in my low back. I thought it was connected to all the nerve pain that I have.

“I get a feeling like you put a tens unit on high pulse in my shoulders and neck. I also get it in my low back. I thought it was connected to all the nerve pain that I have.”

Me too! I suspect it is related to the nerve pain.

Hugs,
Pamela

I did write Dr. Herbst to tell her about my “observation”. She may write back and say that there could be no possible relationship between the cimetidine and nervy things!

Hi all, I get the vibrations too in my neck at the base of my skull and since I have the “hump” I wonder if it may be nerve damage as well. I also get the vibrations in the bikini area along with a pulsing sensation there, hasn’t happened in a while but curious just the same. hugs to all, Bev

I have gotten them in my butt area, and the outer thigh area, it is either vibration or itching alot. Also neck and shoulders and down both arms. I also remember having one in my abdomin area as well. It does feel like a tens unit when its on low. They don’t hurt but when it starts on my face it really bothers me especially my eye. It feels really weird…

Hugs,
Brennie

Christine and Pam…I get the vibration down my neck from my skull to my shoulder. My neck xray showed disc disease C4-5-6 so maybe that is what causes it? Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

Could be, Sylvia. I know I have some problems with my spine.

Hugs,
pamela

Yes, Grandma, I too have Cervical Disc Disease in my neck and also C-5 and C-6, cracks and aches all the time, I look like a turtle peeking out of it’s shell with my hump and I think that affects those vertebrae. hugs,
Bev