Cimetidine for Vibrations

Hello all. Yes, I have also had “Vibrations” in my upper arms, thighs and buttocks. I believe that they are muscle spasms.

Please let me introduce myself, I was diagnosed one year ago with DD, only when I brought it to my GP attention. I have had the symptoms for about 15 years.

I am here to let you know that I wish to bring this to national attention as they do Cancer, Diabetes and Heart desease. Also, I am a Paralegal with an extended knowledge in Disability Claims. If anyone has any questions of filing for Disability or has already filed and been turned down and need to know how to appeal please do not hesitate to contact me.

1 Like

Welcome to the group, cstgsd! Is there something else we can call you? I’m so sorry you have DD, but glad you found this group.

I will probably have to file for SSD within the year. I am still hanging onto my job by the slin of my teeth, but I have just about reached the point where I will not be able to continue. I will appreciate any advice you can give, and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Hugs,
Pamela

Catherine, Pam and Bev…We are just three old turtle-buffalos! I know the neck “tingle” is from the nerve destruction that goes along with our disc disease in our necks. I don’t really mind the tingle any worse than a TENS unit…that does not cause the neck pain…I think it is in the bones and muscles and from the massive buffalo hump! The muscle spasyms are the worst! Sometimes I just have to rest my big old head as my neck can’t hold it up anymore! Welcome cstgsd! So sorry that you have DD! We can use all the help we can get around here. A lot of legal advise is needed here! We can provide you with a shoulder to cry on and some emotional support…Starter Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

Welcome to the group cstgsd! Your knowledge is needed so very much! Thanks for joining and welcome!!!

Hugs.
Suri

cstgsd, welcome to our group. I am going through my ssd claim now. I was automatically denied at the local level without any medical consideration. They said that they NEVER make any determinations at this level and send them straight through to state. Is this normal or are they just lazy?

Catherine…they deny the first time to see if you are serious. They think people will not persist if truth is not on your side. Be sure you have documentation that you are under the care of a psychologist for depression as they will not approve on the basis of DD without depression. I don’t know if you are or not this is just general advice that I learned the hard way. I did all the paper work myself. My Congressman helped me also. I sent him my medicals records with a release and a copy of my disability application. I had a lawyer but they did not have to do anything. If I were still trying to work I would not have made it. When I listed my symptoms and medical problems it took a whole type-written page, single spaced. You definitely need the cooperation of your PCP. Good luck! Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

Thank you for the warm welcome. To your question, I think it’s a little of both. It is not the local office that reviews your claim. It is what is called the DDS or Disability Determination Service that reviews your claim and, yes, they are usually denied on the first filing.

I highly recommend statements from as many doctors as you have stating that you are unable to lift, carry, pull, push, stand, sit, etc. and they must state the limits to these.

The social security web sight has what is called Listing of Impairments. These Listings pretty well dictate what a disabilit is. Here is the link: http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/AdultListings.htm

If you can get your doctor’s to find just a few of these that you meet, you should be very successful.

Please let everyone know that I am here to help. I, as you well know, also suffer from Dercum’s.

Thanks, I want to help. And we can all use another support team.

Yes, you can call me Christine from Indiana. (I think there is already a Christine on this sight). If ANYONE has a question about Social Security Disability please do not hesitate to contact me. I love to help people.

Also, ANYONE that is thinking of filing, please remember to file for SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME (SSI) AND SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY (SSD). This will make sure that you receive all the benefits due to you.

Thanks Christine from Indiana,

I wondered whether I needed to apply for both. I was thinking if you didn’t get one, the other kicked in. I’m sure glad you are here to help!

Hugs and spoons,
Pamela

WELCOME CHRISTINE,

We are glad to have you in our group. Your help and input will be greatly appreciated. Its great to have people who will listen to you when you need to vent. We all have to sometime.

Hugs,
Brennie

Oh Brennie,

I am sorry you are having this horrible pain! I hope by the time you read this it will be gone. I have never experienced what you are having, are we sure that it is a symptom of DD? I would be afraid it might be something else (like a warning for stroke or heart problems)… OH but I do not know what I am talking about :slight_smile: I just never heard of those symptoms with DD – but since others have I guess it is true. I have had a horrible piercing pain in my left shoulder blade before but didn’t make the connection that it could be DD related.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers, I hope you are doing better!!
Hugs,
Suri

SPEAKING OF VIBRATIONS…

I woke up this morning with the worst pain in my left shoulder blade and neck and my left arm and hand went numb. It has progressively gotten worse throught the day. It has been virbrating and twitching all afternoon, it HURTS SO BAD!!!
I can’t use my left arm the index finger is doing its own little dance. None of my meds are working on the pain…its like a hot poker in the middle of my back.

Oh Brennie!

I’m sorry you are going through that! That is exactly what I missed 3 days of work over 2 weeks ago (except it was in the right arm and shoulder.) I know how painful it is. Hopefully it will settle down in a few days like mine did. This disease is so strange. These terrible symptoms pop up, drive us insane for a while, and then go away just as suddenly as they came on. I have had that happen with one or the other of my arms more than once, but it usually doesn’t last very long, thank God. Hang in there!

Hugs and spoons,
Pamela

THANKS LADIES,
I AM IN SO MUCH PAIN, I AM NAUSIEATED SP??? MY HANDSARE COMPLETELY NUMB NOW, BUT THE PAIN IS NERVE RELATED AND RUNS FROM L SHOULDER BLADE TO WRIST WHICH IS REALLY SWOLLEN. GOING TO TRY AND SEE SOMEONE TODAY. THIS IS INTENSE. NOT SURE HOW I WILL BE ABLE TO DRIVE. APPRECIATE YOUR PRAYERS,

HUGS BRENNIE

Boy those shoulders hurt! I am so sorry Brennie. When I worked they moved our desks around constantly. They often put me under a vent which always blew cold air…year round. In the summer it was the air conditioning and in the winter it still blew cold air. My shoulders would swell so much I could not lay my arm down next to my body. It stuck out! I could not lift my arm so I would “walk” my fingers over to what I needed on my desk. My shoulders and collar bones are of course chock full of lumps. I used moist heat and it would get better in a few days. Of course I had to keep going to work everyday when I could hardly raise my arms enough to wash my hair. Try and rest your shoulder and maybe try a wet towel on top of a heating pad…don’t use dry heat…that makes it worse. Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

Christine, do you ever go by Chris? That might be a solution to the name thing. I have dercumsworld.com so I want to keep the Christine going so it is all the same. Welcome, welcome, welcome. I think you might be an answer to one of my questions. I need to put a place on there about ssd for dercums patients. The nightly news for our local area is doing a story tonight about why so many people in our area are denied ssd. We have more ssd applicants delayed here than any other location. Isn’t that great. I would like to put something on my site that discusses what to do. How the process works, ect. what do you think?

I’m sure it is DD related, because I have had that happen to me periodically for over ten years. It was just as Sylvia described it, having to walk my fingers in order to turn a radio dial in the car, for instance. It is about the most painful thing that has happened to me with this disease. I’m just glad it isn’t like that all the time.

Hi Helena,

Thank you for that suggestion! I have the same problems and frequently wear a soft support collar when my neck is giving me trouble. I have been considering having the rest of my spine xrayed since a disabling condition was found in my lumbars, but it never occurred to me that the shoulder/arm problems might be coming from my cervical spine.

Brennie,
I think maybe both of us should have some xrays done! I know too well how much pain you are in and I am praying for you. In the meantime, if you have a neck collar on hand, you might want to take Helena’s good advice and try that.

Hugs and spoons,
Pamela

HI BRENNIE This is exactly the same pain as i get on an everyday basis but twice as paid when in a flare then i am so drugged up on my morphine and diazepam just to get the muscles from spasm,i also suffer from a large hump between the shoulders and have disc problems in c4-c5-c6 GP recommends a soft support collar when in a flare + extra diazepam to keep the muscles moving,i think it is the pressure on the bad disks that cause the nerve problems and numbness have you had a recent scan of your neck and spine.
from HELENA