Cushing's Syndrome Member Introductions

I’m 18 years old and I have cushings disease.

I am a 70 year old woman who has been taking prednisone for over 12 years for RPF. I now have Cushings disease and my endocronologist says that there is nothing he can do for me. If I stop the prednisone, then the fibrosis will increase. Did anyone in this group have this problem?

Hello, well not sure if I am on the right sight. I have cushing syndrom. I have a 3cm benign tumour on my adrenal gland and just had it removed. Looking to see if there was anyone else on here who might be in the same spot I am or have already gone through this. Thanks, Denise

Hello, This is my first post. I have exogenous Cushing’s Syndrome. Caused by excessive doses of prednisone to initially treat lupus sle. Lupus is in remission but the treatment destroyed my adrenal glands and I am prednisone dependt. Cushing’s has changed my body shape and image drastically. Before Cushings’ , I was 108 pounds and a long distance runner. Since then my weight has doubled, and old friends don’t even recognize me. The fatigue and pain has made me unable to work, go running or do much of anything at all. I am open to any and all suggestions in hopes of helping myself or learning to cope. I am ashamed to even go out when well enough because of the fat face and upper body. Many times I get the look or comment of how I really “let myself go”. All the while I have spent trying to do the right things and fighting for my life. Thank you for listening. I will try and check back to see if I have any replies.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.