Cystic Fibrosis Member Introductions

Our grandson, who is almost 16 was just diagnosed with CF…and we are having a hard time accepting it…Would like to chat with others that are dealing with it…

I am currently living with CF and CF related Diabetes and suffer from chronic pancreatitas. My brother also has CF. I thought it would be a good idea to not only join and learn from others, but maybe could also help those in the same situation

Hello, I just wanted to address all of you with CF and tell you, I think you are AMAZING people!!! Because I am a respiratory therapist, I work with a LOT of CF patients. I’ve had SUCH great opportunities to meet and work with some really amazing CF patients. It is one of those diseases that is just SO complex and involved. I am mystified at how people cope. I’ve seen some terrible examples of the “support systems” gone bust. Those just make me roll my eyes. I’ve mostly seen support systems that are ROCK solid. Because of my OWN mountainous health issues, I can understand in a lot of respects what people go through, but CF patients have a very special place in my heart. I have been one of those to see a patient to their final breath. I have been there with their families, gone to their funerals, even participated in the services sometimes.
I have also been SO BLESSED to see a patient through to their lung transplant (it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life!!). The surgeon that DID the actual transplant invited me to WATCH the surgery. Of course the patient said it was okay. It was SO amazing!! I knew in my heart that this patient was suppose to live, and go on to do some amazing things. I believed it, when no one else did. This patient made a miraculous recovery and to my knowledge is doing AWESOME with their new lungs. The coolest part about it? The patient is 46 years old!!
I wrote some music because of this experience. I’d love to share it at a later time. Right now…I have some patients to see. grinz Keep fighting the good fight!!

My daughter, now 2 yrs old, was diagnosed with CF @ the age of 7mos. I am always looking for new people with great ideas on raising a child with CF.

Well i know about cystic fibrosis because of my beautiful sister Tracy…she recently passed away in 2002 it seems like yesterday and i always like to be involved with anyone who has been there to know and understand what my sis went threw…and i feel they have more courage for living through all the symptoms that everyday life brings.

go to www.kennycharlesband.com
and go listen to the 11 song i wrote it about my sister Tracy…it’s about Cf and what she was and went through.

I have two children with Cystic Fibrosis. Hannah 6.5 years and Christopher 11 years

I have a family member with Cystic Fibrosis.

Well my daughter Meadow has Cystic Fibrosis, we found out when she was about a month ols and she a healthy 5 month old with her ups and downs

I want to help all those that suffer with Cystic Fibrosis. I learned that my neice has Cystic Fibrosis, when she was about a month old. My sister and her family have been through a lot as well as other families. My sister told me about the walk on June 2, 2007, and joined her with Team Meadow. I look forward to helping in any kind of way.

I am 22, and have CF. I just like to talk to other people about the condition and like to hear suggestions .

hello my names is destiny. i am 26 and i have cf and saw this site on myspace and thought i would check it out…

My name is Tracy, I’m the mother of a 10 yr old daughter that has Cystic Fibrosis.

My name is Ashley and I was diagnosed with CF when I was three. I have a two sisters, one with CF. CF is my life!

Hello All,

I am 30 years old and have CF, CF related diabetes, Asthma and CF related Arthritis. I was diagnosed with Cf when I was 4 months old and recently retired on disability and went back to school full time.

I have Cystic Fibrosis.

My name is Kori and my husband Richard suffers from CF. He will be 45 in July. He is the second oldest living with this disease in the State of Alabama. And I am curious as to what to expect as he gets older. New things are always happening and coming about. Would like to meet others withing the CF community and continue to raise awareness for this dreaded and currently uncureable unfair disease.

father of 4 year old daughter with cf.

because my girlfriend has it, and i want to help her out with it as much as i possibly can.

I am a 31 yr. old female living with Cystic Fibrosis and would love to connect and chat with fellow cf’ers.

I am a single father of a 9 year old with cf.