Cystic Fibrosis Member Introductions

just intrested in discussion with others.
im 24/m/ Tuscaloosa , AL.

I am 26 years old and have Cystic Fibrosis. In January of this year I received a bilateral lung and liver transplant due to the CF. After the transplants I got Diabetes and now also have to deal with that. In the beginning of June, I went back into the hospital because I had Ulcerative Colitis and they had to do surgery to remove my colon. I am just looking for people to talk to and possibly meet some day that have gone through similar things or I am here to help if you’re going to go through this and want to talk.

My nephew (on husband’s side) is a 26 yr old with CF. In getting to know him, I have become much more aware of the struggles of living with CF. And through my studies in nursing, I’m becoming more aware of access to health care issues. I want to blend both into a school project - how hard has it been for CF patients to find health care providers, what about transitioning from childhood to adulthood?

I’m hoping to use this forum as a means to find adults with CF who might be willing to share with me some insight to how they have dealt with and continue to deal with their disease, the health care providers involved in their care (from childhood through adulthood) and how easy/hard it was to find knowledgeable providers.

Julie

Hi Julie, if I can answer any of your questions, I’m willing. My daughter is now 25 and had her double lung transplant in 1999. As of June 20, 2008 she wed her longtime boyfriend of 11 years. She is doing wonderful!

Take care
Cloyce