Depression Member Introductions

im so depressed how do i let my past go and the biggie question is how does he let what ive done to him how does he let it go for us to move on?

I have been a caregiver/Certified nusing asst.I love taking care of the elderly,its in my heart.They have wonderfull stories to tell(and it keeps them from driving a car)just joking.

I’ve become close to someone who has major depression. We have a long distance relationship. I’m trying to understand/help him. I feel so helpless. I hate sitting back and not be able to comfort/help him. I need a better understanding of what I can do.

depression taking over my life, strong silent type, loner, dislike most people because of theier choices

im 43 years old and have 3 children. I have a degree in psychology and have practiced as a counselor for several years. i also enjoy parapsychology and participate in ghost hunting excursions with the philadelphia society of paranormal investigations.

I have been searching for effective treatment for decades.

I have major depression which has changed my entire life. I am no longer the same person I was and am having a real hard time dealing with it. I do not go anywhere other than trying to keep a part time job doing data entry. I can no longer perform my other job which was a travel agent because of my confidence and the inability to even talk sometimes. I have been on medication for a year now but I still seem to be battling this disease. I guess I just cant believe how it has affected my life. I am miserable and am in distress everyday.

I am young, but I know alot about life. I have learned alot in my short time. i like to listen and I like to show people I care for them, but i also get taken advantage of alot. I am trying to be a stronger person, but I keep falling back into my bad habits.

I believe I have postpardum depression and I need to talk to someone who understands and can provide some form of outlet. I don’t want my children to suffe anymore and I’m tired of blaming my husband.

Have been suffering from depression since I was 18. off and on every few years I breakdown and have to start over. Just looking for help.

I’m 23 work full-time, go to school part-time. I love to spend time with my dogs, I have 2 chih and 1 min pin of my own but I’m also a foster home of min pins.

I am bi polar, manic depressive, am currently facing many issues all at once; unexpected loss of loved one, upcoming loss due to illness, providing elder care for family, raising niece & nephew for predatory/addicted brother, alienation by my kids, etc… . . . . . Am unable to make decisions to defend myself or end unacceptable treatments by others!

My son has bipolar; my husband was diagnosed 30 years ago with depression, and I have been on Celexa for about 2-3 years, but I feel pretty bad now. I’m anxious to talk to people with similar experiences.

I just discoved I am suffering from dysthymia

I am mom to a 17-year-old and a 9-year-old, I struggle with depression and anxiety, I have an eating disorder, I have lived with MS and its treatments for 15 years. I am working hard to get better through intense therapy and self-education.

Looking for support.

I have been living with depression my whole life. Within the last year I was diagnosed with Bipolar and I am looking for others who have Bipolar to discuss and share experiences.

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder at a young age and now I am 28 and haven’t really took care of it with professional help in the last ten years. My goal is to find support because no matter how hard I try to be happy or go to church I have days when I get very sad for no reason and just cry. I have a good life and don’t know why I’m so sad all the time. My father was abusive and I’ve gone through a lot and that is a reason, but I’m over that now and know I grew up a lot, so, why do I feel so awful!

Grandmother, ggrandmother usually in pain with arthritis but never want to give up or give in to my situation.

Who me? Depression has been a big part of my life since I was very young but no one knew it. When I was diagnosed, no one wanted to talk about it…it doesn’t happen in our family. It has destroyed relationships, hurt the people I care the most about, and has affected my jobs. I battled it, tried to hide it, knew something was wrong, that I was different. I endured family ridicule and a lack of support. The hardest part is not remembering alot of things that I should be able to remember. As I’ve dealt with depression, I have found it very difficult to explain it or describe it to others. They just don’t understand it because it is not something you can “see” or understand like other medical problems. Now as I near my mid 50’s, I am in a relationship with someone who refuses to even try to understand depression or any other illness I have. I’m supposed to just “snap” out of it, let go of the past, stop being angry, and just get over things. I get no support from my partner of seven years and have been through alot in those seven years. My therapist and my psychiatrist are my only source of support. I spent a good portion of my life helping others as a street medic. I loved what I did but can no longer function at that position. It was my outlet because it made me forget about my problems for awhile. Now I am disabled due to my depression. I haven’t worked in 2 years. I thought this was what I wanted but it is becoming very frustrating. Due to other medical problems, my mobility and activities are limited. The only ray of sunshine in my life are my grandchildren…all ten of them! My medications fatigue me so it’s hard to enjoy them as much as I’d like but I love them to death! I need to find other hobbies or interests but I live in a small town that is becoming a ghost town. There is very little to do here so my options are very limited. Besides, I’m not sure what I can do being on Social Security Disability…don’t want to jeaopardize that pitance of an income.
I need to get out of this house and socialize or I will go coo-coo soon. I just don’t know what I want to do when I grow up…I guess I haven’t done that yet, even at my age!
I went from being an adrenaline junky to moving so slowly, I might be moving backwards. I went from 60 to 0 in about 3 seconds and my body still hasn’t caught up. Part of me still wants to go full speed ahead but the other part is still way behind and can’t catch up. Happy times and moments are fleeting. I’ve tried everything. I’ve been through so many medications. After awhile, I think you grow immune to their effectiveness and it’s time for a change. And then there are times when I want to flush all of them down the toilet and see what life is like without all the meds. What would it be like? Would I be able to survive? Who knows? I used to be able to smile more but I don’t do that much anymore either. Life has just lost it’s glow, it’s luster. I want my life back…does anyone know how to find it?