Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

I am a 44 stay at home mom to Jimmy 11 with DMD.

Hello Everyone:

I have two boys with DMD Dan(13) and Matt(11).
This life sure has it’s challenges. Interesting in grouping with other families with the same diagnosis.

Hello Everyone:

I have two boys with DMD Dan(13) and Matt(11).
This life sure has it’s challenges. Interesting in grouping with other families with the same diagnosis.

I am the mother of 3 sons with DMD, one who passed away almost 2 weeks ago.
Terri

Hi, I have a 13 yr old son with DMD in New Zealand. He is well, and has been non-ambulant for 3 1/2 years.
My topics of interest in this community are spinal surg ( hasn’t had as yet) , respiratory health, cardiac care and meds, Deflazacort( he uses) , research and cellular nutrition. I also have an interest in finding international airlines who have hoists in their craft!
I’d love to chat to others who are (like myself) fighting for our sons, and keeping on top of the management game!

I am a dad of a 6 year-old who was diagnosed with DMD at age 4. My wife and I have been married for 20 years and he is our only child. We live near Houston, TX and would like to connect with DMD parents.

I’m 37 and have Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy

My husband is 31 and has DMD. I like to hear from others affected by DMD and share helpful information.

Hi people!

My name is Jason and I am new here.  Looks like an awesome website here!  I look forward to meeting new people here and making new friendships.    I am 31 with DMD.  Feel free to ask me about my condition or anything else. 

God Bless, Jason

Being a MD patient feels lonely & could also help others with my experience in living with MD.

I care for a 35 y/o male with this condition, and would like more information on helping himcope with this disease

i’m a mom of a 21 yr old with dmd and just like to keep up with any new info or just things others have learned and that i can learn from to care for my son the very best possible!

Hey, This is Andrew. I am now 38 and was wondering if there is anyone else here with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy who is in their 30’s and above?

In HIM Forever,
Andrew

I am living with this condition and enjoy meeting other people with muscular dystrophy and exchanging stories and information.