Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Member Introductions

hi, im connie, my son josh has dmd. hes 19 and graduated last year from high school. he was diagnosed at the age of 5.

Hi, I’m the mom of a newly diagnosed six and a half year old. I’m looking for other parents with newly diagnosed sons to support each other and parents further down the line who want to share their experiences.

My grandson was diagnosed with DMD about 3 months ago.

I am the mother of five children- (4 boys and a girl). My oldest two sons have DMD and one is also autistic. I don’t know very many MDA families in my area and sometimes have questions or concerns.

I have a son with DMD, and we’re always looking for info about what’s going on.

Hi,
My name is Mainhia and I have a son with duchenne muscular dystrophy. He is five years old.
I’m interested in connecting with families who are going through the same things I am going through and what therapies and medications have worked for them.

hi i have 2 boys with duchenne muscular dystrophy

My husband Chris & I have a 13 year old son with Duchene MD. Taylor was diagnosed just before he turned 3. He is on the high functioning side as he is still walking unassisted. He has been on a weekend dosing of prednisone since he was 7. We also have two girls that are 11 and 3 and a baby on the way.

Thank you for the invitation, David!

My husband and I are parents of an almost 16-year-old son who has DMD. We would most like to learn about how others are best coping with the day-to-day challenges we face while caring for our sons; anything from where to find the best socks to wear under their AFOs to the type of lift and sling people find most helpful. We hope to share ideas with, and learn from, people whose sons are at a similar or later stage in the relentless progression of this “disease”. We’re also happy to share our experiences to help parents of younger children.

Hi, I am Jay. I am 26/m, and I have duchenne muscular dystrophy. I am from MN. I am interested in this group, because I like to meet, and chat with other people that also have duchenne muscular dystrophy.

I am grandmother to 11 year old with DMD. Him and his dad live with me and Papa. I like to hear about how others cope and any tips they might give.

my grandson , age 11 next week , is the reason . And the need to connect with others and learn all i can that may be help to make his life a little easier.

I am the Mom of a 6 year-old with DMD and Autism. Trying to adjust to an ever-changing world!

i cherche new treatment for my son
has duchenne ,he is 10 years.
send us any news or any treatment in the world .
sorry my english is bad becose i from syria.
thank you.

We have a 10 year old with Duchenne and are keen to network with other parents looking after boys with the same condition

We have a 10 year old with Duchenne and are keen to network with other parents looking after boys with the same condition

Hi there,

I came here via your Yahoo group. My name is Tim, and I lost my only son to Ducheene MD 8 years ago. I get by most days, but there are some days when the anger buried inside raises its ugly head. If it was not my faith in Jesus Christ, I’m not sure where my life would be. I’m looking for others like me, someone I can talk with and share how I feel. Family and friends always try and help… God bless them, but unless you’ve been through it, it’s hard for someone to relate. Hope your all doing well.

Peace to you all,
Tim

My 6 year old nephew was diagnosed with DMD on Tuesday of this week. I’m just trying to learn how to cope with all this new information. It’s very hard.

my cousin’s children (2) have DMD

My 11-year-old son has Duchenne muscular dystrophy.