Granuloma Annulare Member Introductions

breast lump connection with annulares granuloma?

I have Granuloma Annulare.Just would like to connect with others who have it and what kind of treatments they have used,and what has been affective.i am wongering if any one has found a cause for it.

I’m a 48 year old female and I’ve had both generalized and localized granuloma annulare for four years now. It is depressing to say the least. I would like to know how other people with this condition cope. I would also like to learn about any alternative treatments.

I have had granuloma annulare for over one year. It continues to spread. My Dr. wants to put me on Dapsone and I am unsure as to whether to take it or not. Does anyone have experience with this drug or any other treatment?

I was over 50 and it started with one spot just below the left knee approx 1/2" dia which grew to approx 2" dia. A second appeared just below the 1st spot and grew to approx 2" dia. Now I have 2 above and below the left elbow 2" dia; 1 just below the right elbow; 1 spot approx 2" dia below the right knee and 1 smaller spot below that and is getting bigger approx 1" dia; and 1 spot above the knee approx 1/2" dia. I come from a diabetic family but I have regular blood checks that come out negative 2-3 times a year. It has been approx 6 yrs now and none have faded or gotten lighter. My original spot was biopsied by both my practicioner and a dermatologist (skin cancer also runs in the family).

I would love some comments.

I developed this rash on both legs and around 1 ankle,and i thought oh great i have ring worm. I had been working in my yard alot last summer and was on the ground pull up weeds and stuff thats when i noticed it. I have had it for about 6months and it isn’t getting better. I really need to find out what to do to get this gone and if anyone knows where this comes from?

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH THIS CONDITION ABOUT 8YRS AGO. I HAVE HAD MANY WIERD SKIN CONDITIONS PRIOR TO THIS, SUCH AS, PITORIASIS ROSEA, AND RASHES IN MY ARM PITS AS A CHILD. MY G.A. IS FINALLY STARTING TO GO AWAY, BUT I JUST WONDER IF THE OTHER FREAKY SKIN CONDITIONS ARE RELATED. I ALSO HAD MONO AT 15 YOA AND WONDER IF THE EPSTIEN BAR VIRUS MAY HAVE ANY CONNECTION TO THIS.

This has become a cosmetic issue for me. I am using steroid cream and just wanted some feed back on from others and how long it could take etc.

Hi there

I first started with GA at the age of 22 - I have had it for the past 15 years and it has been at various stages during that time.

At its worst it covered most of my legs, arms and torso - luckily it has never reached my face and I have only one lesion on my hand.

At best it disappeared completely when I was pregnant but came back with a vengeance a week after the baby was born - the spread was so rapid that you could almost see the lesions coming up and growing in size. It did settle back down but all of the previous marks came back and some!

In the past 18months it has started to dissipate - over that time we had been trying for a baby but I was told 6months ago that I was already starting the menopause and was unlikely to concieve.

My personal view is that my variety is certainly hormone linked as in addition to the above when I once took the morning after hormone pill the lesions again flaired up really badly.

During the past 15 years, I have tried all of the pills and potions and creams and treatments - some mainstream and some not. I have had light therapy which gave me a good suntan and hid the marks for a whole summer season which was nice! However, the best thing about that particular treatment was that it took place in the dermatological department of the local hospital.

I remember when I was first diagnosed that the dermatologist said - if you have to have a skin condition this is the one to have. I took great exception to this remark until I visited the dermatological department and I then understood exactly what he meant. Some of the people there had conditions that you would not wish on your worst condition and to be honest it absolutely humbled me.

Do you think that your personal condition could be hormone linked?

I was diagnosed with this bothersome condition over 2 years ago by a demotologist with a biopsy. I have yet to find a cure for it and am unable to wear anything that shows my back or legs and lower arms. Luckily the steroid creams I have been prescribed have cleared up my face and chest, but I still live in fear of this disorder someday covering my whole body. I need to talk to other people who can relate to what I am experiencing and maybe offer some kind of help.

I have it:(

Hello all,

I myself do not suffer from granuloma annulare but I believe my daughter does. We went to our family doc about a year ago and she was out of the office, so we saw a different docotor in the same office. They told us it was ezema (sp) and to put some hydrocortisine on it (located on her lower back). It became very faint alomost completely gon, but could see a little pigmentation difference. Went back to the same doc about 3 months later because it had come back and brought some new friends with it. She now has several lesions on both shins, hip, and one very red circle on her wrist. We had no luck the second time with creams. We now decided to go back to the same office and finally saw our regulary doc. She looked at the rash and asked if my daughter had been complaining of aching in her joints and if it itched, and of course the time we have had it (which has been about a year now). My daughter never complaines about it but then again she’s 4 years old. The doctor comes back with a paper (granuloma annulare) describing all of the details and tell’s us we need to see a dermo. Of course we can’t get into one untill late Aug. A doctor friend of mine got us into one on July 3rd. So we really do not know what to expect. By the way, my daughter has been extremly healthy never gets sick besides a small ear infection at the age of two. Her lesions total about 10 and are about as big as a nickle and dime, they are slighty risen (sp) and pink in color. Some of the lesions are very smooth and not risen at all but you can see the circle. I did have her sugar tested and the blood work came back ok. I think her glucose was 100. If you folks can give me any advise, that would be great. WE see the dermo Tuesday in Dayton Ohio. Have any of you had this disease at an very early age. I know there are different types as well, but you folks know alot more about the different types. I am a school teacher and I’m home all summer so I have done alot of research on the net and have read about everything out there.

Godspeed, Travis

Granuloma sufferer for many many years, no end in sight, lesions on arms and legs.
I hate summer because it is either 3/4 length sleeve or longer and pants always!!! I feel I must wear hose with skirts or dresses to avoid showing my lovely spots to America!!!

I have disseminated GA. I have lupus and was told that GA is more common in autoimmune diseases. It started on the elbows and has just gotten worse over a year period. It is pretty much all over my body. My legs and trunk look like I have chicken pox. My elbows just have huge raised red areas…one about 2.5 inches wide. Need help with a good treatment. Tried steroid creams. Am on methotrexate…nothing has helped.

how do you explain to strangers that you do not have a fungal infection, ringworm etc? i find it very frustrating.

I haven’t been to the GA group in some time, but had a recent outbreak of a new lesion. Funny, but I started putting “Ivy Dry” on it, which my husband was using for his poison ivy, and it seems to have put a stop to the lesion getting larger or “itching” as it was prior to spraying the ivy dry. Also, is anyone else RH negative here in this group (meaning blood type). Wondering if that is a connection. Have a good day all.

Took my 4 year old to the dermo Tuesday and they thought it was GA. We are going back in August for a “punch biopsy” just to make sure. She has the lesions on her shins, wrist, and hip. Very faint on her skin, light pink. The doc said she will have it for the rest of her life and the lesions will come and go. I had her glucose checked about a month ago and it came back ok. She’s so young, that at this point dosen’t care what they look like but I’m sure as she grow’s up that will change. The dermo wanted us to wait before giving us any creams untill August. I assume after the biopsy. The doc did say that she has had good sucess with creams. Something used for ezema (sp). She said most doctors are trial and error on GA. They dont know what causes it, something she feels is involved in the immune system. Any helpful tips on this disease would be welcomed, on how you treat it, things that might cause flareup or what ever you would like to share. I hope some day that come up with some good effective treatment.

David

I can’t make it go away and it is worse now that I am 41.

HI! Looking for treatments that have had results!

I have had GA since I was about 13 (31 now) Has gotten a little worse over the years and then got a lot worse the last couple of days. I have also developed a few other conditions (raynaud’s is one) and I am looking for a connection.