Granuloma Annulare Member Introductions

I’ve recently lost 30 pounds. Prior to losing my weight, I was in a “remission” and my GA had been under control for about 2 years (also during that time, had a severe stressful situation in my family, crime related, and gained a lot of weight). So for me, it seems my GA was dormat while I was stressed out, and over weight. Now that my stress levels are under control, and my weight has gone down, my GA has returned with a new and quick developing lesion on my left wrist. Is there a connection? I wonder :frowning:

Hello I’ve had GA now for 17 years now and I’ve tryed everything to cure it with zero results! I have GA on both my ankles and its very embarrassing, i have had done Puva light therapy which was very pricey with no success only made it worse! I’ve tryed steroid creams no success! The only thing that keeps it from getting bigger and redder is these shots. One problem is that it thins the skin but if I don’t get the shots they spread quicker and get bigger so I suggest getting the shots. As soon as you see them.

I was diagnosed with GA 20 years ago.
At first when there weren’t too many spots I had steroid injections…then as it spread I did the PUVA treatments for a year…and have tried every prescription cream without much success.
Than it went away for probably 10 years…and it has come back.
Mostly inner thigh and some on my one arm. At this age I wasn’t going to frustrate myself by trying all the things I had done before.
I have no idea why, but I started using Gold Bond powder after showering…and I started to notice it didn’t seem so red. Anyway…I put the improvement down to the zinc oxide content of the powder. To make a long story short I purchased Zincofax at the drug store which has a 40% content of zinc oxide…I have applied it for the last five days and the improvement is amazing…I can hardly even notice them now…and will continue to use.
This seems to be working for me and I just wanted to share as I know how awful GA is to have.

Hi! I have had GA now for 3 years. I got it first at 18 on the top of my foot and now it has spread to my stomach, butt, and thighs. I really am hopeful that there will be a cure out there. I am grateful for my skin, but geez I took clear skin for granted. It sucks how much this disease affects our self-confidence. I used to love going to the beach and felt extremely comfortable in my body, but now I don’t feel confident enough to wear a bikini. Does anyone else out there have GA and is in their early 20s? It sucks and I am confused because I have always been so healthy, exercising regularly, I only eat organic food, so I am just wondering what is going on.

I feel like it could be hormone linked, but I have no proof of that. I got an IUD when i turned 18 and that is when my GA started.