Growth Hormone Deficiency Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Growth Hormone Deficiency. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

I am an adult with growth hormone dificiency and hypopitutarism. I do not know how long I lived with the condition before finding it and beginning treatment, but I feel much better now since beginning treatment.

Hi All!
I am a 54 yr old female diagnosed with severe growth hormone deficiency. I have an empty sella with a pituitary adenoma that is causing this problem. I have read some about the effects of the deficiency on the body/mind and really want to connect with people that have the same issues and how they deal with it.
I am a survivor of 2 different types of cancer and my docs are still arguing about to give or not to give me growth hormone. Anyone out there in a similar situation.
Cant wait to meet you all.

Hi All!
I am a 54 yr old female diagnosed with severe growth hormone deficiency. I have an empty sella with a pituitary adenoma that is causing this problem. I have read some about the effects of the deficiency on the body/mind and really want to connect with people that have the same issues and how they deal with it.
I am a survivor of 2 different types of cancer and my docs are still arguing about to give or not to give me growth hormone. Anyone out there in a similar situation.
Cant wait to meet you all.

I have a eight year old son with growth hormone deficiency. And I have a 21 month old who is being followed for short stature and growth failure as well.

36 male, had GHD since childhood. Interested in the group because I felt like I was one in a billion and wanted to meet or chat with others in similar situations. My GHD is not due to any trauma or tumor, my pituitary glands just doesnt produce it. I am almost average height and weight for a Male but I am very young looking. Most people would consider this a blessing as most people search for that fountain of youth, but during my teens, twenties and earlier 30s it made life more difficult. Now on Humatrope. Look forward to chatting with other

Hi! I do not know if this is a place for adults or from parents with kids who have Growth Hormone Deficiency? I am an adult with GH deficiency. I have a 6 mm non-functioning inoperable pituitary micro adenoma. I am low in GH, ACTH, low testosterone (I am female) and I am not absorbing B-12. I have been plagued with migraines on a daily bases and unable to drive for the past 9 months. I am also a Ph.D. student working on my dissertation which is on quality of life issues for those DX with a Pit tumor. I am a mother of an 8 year old son Alec and also married to a loving but frustrated husband Kevin-:slight_smile:

I hope this a good place for me-:slight_smile:

Thank you and it is a pleasure to meet you all!

HUGS,
Tina

I’m Jelle and I moved to New Zealand 3 years ago with my parents and sister after I lived in the Netherlands for 15 years.

I was born with panhypopitutarism, but luckly they diagnosed me with the condition after about 3 months, so I still managed to reach a very reasonable height of 184cm. Currently I am on a 6 month stop for growth hormone (in order to do a test for the insurance company) which does make me feel a bit down, but I can start again in a couple of weeks!

Personal interest and how to best help friends with it.

I have growth hormone deficiency from being panhypopituitary.

My son is going to start Growth Hormone Disorder treatment tomorrow, I need as much support as possible.

Hello, I was in David Hughes yahoo group for HGH, etc. I use nutrition, exercise and supplements to support my current health, but I realized that is not enough. So I look forward to offering and learning from others in this group.

I have recently been dxd with adult growth hormone deficiency and will begin my injections shortly. I’d like to connect with someone else who is experiencing the same. I would like to know other’s experiences, good or bad, so I can know what to expect. THANKS!

Hi, here is my introduction. I am Michelle and I have a five year old peanut named Claire, we recently did the several hour blood test and her IGF-1 came back at 62. I would like to learn a lot more about GH and risks and other stories. I was actually part of a study on it when I was a child so I have had it as well but only for a short while. Claire also has several other medical conditions like hydrocephalus and Arnold-Chiari Malformation.

My name is Sandie. My daughter was diagnosed last year on Aug 23rd. with GHD. She has been on growth hormone since Oct3rd. She has grown 4 inches in nine months! Just want to share experiences and learn as much as possible about my child’s disorder.

My son was diagnosed at age 12 months old with ectopic pituitary and will be on lifetime growth hormones.

My name is Helen and recently my daughter (6) has been diagnosed with septo optic dyplasia. Up until then she only has optic nerve hypoplasia. She has also just started growth hormone injections, thyoxine and cortisol tablets. There are no support groups in my area, so I thought I’d try y luck on line instead.