Gulf War syndrome Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Gulf War syndrome. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

I am a single parent of three wonderful angels. I have a daughter, seen in my photograph, and two unique and wonderful boys. My two sons were both born with an extremely rare genetic disorder known as “X-Linked Alpha Thalassemia Mental Retardation Syndrome” Both boys are have sever developmental delays. Both are non-verbal and communicate with limited signs. They love to laugh and are easily entertained by the small things in life.

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

I ma a sick gulf war veteran.

Michael Lee Lanning, Sr., known to me as “Combat”, is a friend of mine.

I am interested in this condition due to amount of servicemen and servicewomen I believe it affects. I would like to learn more about this condition. Personally, I was not sent to the “sandbox”, but I know others, directly and indirectly, that were sent. I was involved in training several individuals who were deployed.

Hello everyone
For some many years I never knew why I acted like I did, getting mad easy,not sleeping, eating and so on, why cant they just tell us what happened so we can start working on a fix instead of saying “oh no there was nothing going on over there its all in your head”

Sharing medical and legislative needs of gulf war veterans

I am a female deployed gulf war Army Vet.
I am now out of the military.
I became came ill less than a year postdeployment.
My illness cause me to unable to hold a job,
sustain my marrage, or to reproduce.
I was well aware of the environmental and occupational
adverse exposures I lived and work in SWA.

I know 325,000 vets have been granted 0% to 100%
disability rating, yet were at they? The disabiled
GW dont write in any central location.
I live in thre florida keys and fell alone.
Jagmedic

Been there and paying for it!

I was in the Gulf War and have developed several problems that may have been related too the Gulf War. The main one is severe joint deterioration; both hips (just had a total hip replacement recently and waiting to do the next one soon); complete lower back, neck and many other probles as well.

http://www.myspace.com/damianisaac

I AM INTERESTED IN THE WAR BECAUSE I HAVE 2 SONS IN THE MILITARY. ONE, AN OFFICER AND A PILOT IN THE USA AIRFORCE, AND THE OTHER IN THE ARMY, FINISHING HIS TRAINING ON BLACKHAWK HELICOPTERS. MY SON IN THE AIR FORCE JUST LEFT FRIDAY FOR HIS 2ND DEPLOYMNET TO QUTAR. I AM INTERESTED IN CHATTING TO PEOPLE (ESPECIALLY PARENTS OF CHILDREN) WHO ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF BUSH’S WAR, AND THEIR CHILDREN. THANK YOU!

Because I think it is the same thing that happened to the Exxon Valdez Oil spill cleanup workers: exposure to 2-butoxyethanol - Compare the two groups & you will see for yourself

i have the syndrome

im a gulf war vet. i was a POW in 91. i get my flash backs

i am trying to find out if anybody who fought over in persian gulf war in 1990 and 1991 have a sickness call herpes encephalitis.

Oct90-Apr91 Gulf War Veteran. Problems with claims and compensation. Currently rated at 70%, haven’t been able to work for 10 years, and VA tells me I’m not eligable for 100% because I have some college education (even though I hold no degree).

I AM MARRIED TO A GULF WAR VET AND WE ARE BOTH ILL WITH VERY SIMILAR SYMPTOMS.

I was all over Saudi before, during and after the war. I was at KKMC before and during. I now have complex migranes (almost like having a stroke and a muscle disorder no one can figure out). I am retiring in Jan 08