Hot flashes

Hi everyone,

I’am new. Any advice for controlling hot flashes? It’s winter time now, i can’t even imagine what it is going to be like in the summer time. Thanks

Hi Terri, im new too, ive been having hot flashes quite bad these last few weeks, ive been recommended to take herbal supplement of Red Clover. I have only been on them four days so ive not noticed any change yet!

been post menopausal for five years…
the hot flashes have subsided for now, but when they were full force, i used some herbs to cope.
dandilion root and balck cohosh mix…
most health stores carry specific blends for menopuse…
i also have soy milk smoothies every day, and that has helped…
good luck…

I have had hot plashes for about 5 years. I tried the natural remedies for 2 years and had NO help. My dr. took 2 years before he said “okay, they are hot flashes”. I went to a female dr. and she helped me a lot. She gave me a pill, a patch and a cream. Wow, what a relief.
Weezie

Try Progesterone Cream. Make sure you buy a type that says Progesterone USP on the label and/or in the ingredients.

Hi all

My Gp and my OB/Gyn won't give me anything for hot flashes except effexor and it only helped a little bit and now it is working hardly at all.

They since I had a stage 4 endometriosis and because I'm diabetic I can't take anything else.  Does anyone else here have my problems...BTW  I have had a total hysterectomy Sept 2006

if you have a health food store nearby, ask them for recommendations...

i tried black cohosh and soy milk which i think helped me...

good luck

Thanks a whole bunch HOTFLASHER.  I think I'll find a health food store my next trip into the city. 

Can I buy the Progesterone Cream right off the shelf or do I need a prescription?

I wouldn't advise going to the herbal route for lupus unless your doctor is fully aware of this...or your pharmacist.  It may affect your medications you're already on.

i buy the progesterone cream at a local health food store.

21 days on...and 7 off..

seems to help with hot flashes and general mood swings..

(or so it seems)

Hi, I am newly posting to this forum. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy on June 7th. I also have IBD - ulcerative colitis. I found a WONDERFUL product on a hyster site. Its called a “Chillow”. You can slide it into the pillow case with your pillow or lay on it directly. Its GREAT for hot flashes when you are at home. I ordered it thru the hystersister.com web site. The manufactures web site is www.soothsoft.com

I am also taking Enjuvia 0.625 mg. I’m 49 and have been peri for at least 5 years. Anyone else taking HRT?

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Nice to see you here... I don't post much.. my name is Carolyn and I am 46 I have been on HRT for 3 years now. I still have all my plumbing my body just decided early no more babies...had it started a year earlier it would have saved me from having Essure placement to block my tubes..oh well. I take Activella and I love it! No more 24 hour hot flashes and I can think again!

Welcome to the group!

In addition to starting the menopausal life stage at 47, I also have ME-CFS, Sicca (severe dry mouth and other dry mucousas, LOL), migranes, regurge in my aortic valve, asthma and low blood sugar. I am taking Menopausal Relief (this is not an advertisement) which that black cohash (sp?) in it and it does help, but when I don’t the onslaught of sweats return and I freeze everyone in the house out. Last night my hubby of 21 years said when I went to turn the AC down to 66 degrees, “YOU"RE DRIVING ME CRAZY!!” Heehee, I guess the sweats can last up into age 52 until I’m all thru it?
Is that the general knowledge?
Please talk to me somebody out there!!! LOL!
Best Regards-Beauty

I SUFFERED WITH HOT FLASHES FOR ABOUT 3 YRS TRYING THIS AND THAT WHAT PEOPLE SUGGESTED AND DRS. FINALLY I TOOK IT UPON MYSELF TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO FEEL BETTER AND GET RID OF HOT FLASHES AND NITE SWEATS. LORD AND BEHOLD I FOUND A REMEDY AND I NO LONGER HAVE PROBLEMS EVERY DAY AND NITE, JUST ONCE IN AWHILE. I STARTED TAKING AND IT HELPED, I TOOK ONE PILL BEFORE GOING TO BED EVERY NITE AND IT ALSO HELP ME SLEEP BETTER. I USED IT ABOUT A COUPLE OF WKS WHEN I FINALLY STARTED NOTICING THE DIFFERENCE, LESS HOT FLASHES, LESS NITE SWEATS, AND RESTFUL NITE. I OK IT WITH MY DR, SINCE I WAS ON OTHER MEDICATION, BUT ACTUALLY ESTROVEN IS HERBAL NOTHING TO HURT YOU. I TOOK IT FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS AND THATS IT, NOW I TAKE ESTROVEN PM WHEN I START EXPERIENCING NITE SWEATS A LITTLE, BUT MOST OF THE TIME ITS UNDER CONTROL, SO I HOPE AND PRAY THIS HELPS ALOT OF YOU WOMEN OUT THERE ON CAREPLACE THATS GOING THRU MENAPAUSE… I HOPE U GET SAME RESULTS AS I DID AND BECOME HOT FLASH, NITE SWEAT FREE:) THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS, AND I HOPE I HELPED YOU!! POCOHONTUS

YOU CAN FIND EXTRA STRENGTH ESTROVEN AND ESTROVEN PM AT ANY DRUG STORE OR DEPT. STORE LIKE WALMART, K-MART. HOPE IT HELPS ALL OF YOU!! POCOHONTUS

hi thanks for this advice,does it help with the ahes and pains by any chance? diid you get these symptons straght away or do they get worse when you havnt had a period for a whole year.i went 10 months had a light one back in may but again nothing since, so not sure.i am getting night sweats some times and occasionally in day time yet get the bloating and tingling breasts like im due for a period so not sure whats going on with me. i feel very lethargic and unwell most the time. please get back to me. im 56 thanks...sue

Reply-To:  menopause-cpt1464@lists.careplace.com
To:  suyung@hotmail.co.uk
Subject:  Re: [menopause] HOT FLASHES
Date:  Wed, 5 Sep 2007 16:04:27 -0400
>

im getting confused hear you say cfs is a group.is the chronic fatigue syndrome group or something completely different? ......sue

Reply-To:  BeautyCochran
Date:  Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:24:26 -0400
>

Does anyone get chills along with the hot flashes???
I’ve been telling my doctor about them and he never told me they could be related to menopause. I started getting them after my doctor took me off a hormorne because I had breast cancer that was hormone positive. I had a hystrectomy and thats why I was on the hormones. I read in an ad that chills is a symptom of menopause.
I carry a small pocket fan ( from Wal- Mart ) it has a rope on it, so it goes around my neck. I also have water in a bottle so I can mist my face. I take Black Cohosh Root 540MG ( Nature’s Way from Wal-Mart ) three times a day and drink soy milk for the hot flashes. They are not gone all the way. But I would say their 50% better than before I took the Root. Every now and than I still get a big one. I may look stupid but I feel a whole lot better, that little breeze from that fan feels real good at the right time. And I keep a fleese blanket handy for when I get the chills. Ofcourse this atire is not for public viewing, I save it for home. OH, the small things in life that make me happy.
take care Blue

So you can just pick progesterone with out a script from the Doc? Also, chills with hotflashes, that was what I did but it wasn’t from Menopause, it was from the CFS. I love this group!!! Loveeeeeee it!
Blessings-Beauty

cfs stands for chronic fatigue syndrome   and  it might be abreviations for something they look for when they test your blood to see if your going through the menapause as well. i know it definatley stands for the  the chronic fatigue syndrome ,that
 im sure of because i have it. also known as M.E....sue

Reply-To:  blu
Date:  Fri, 07 Sep 2007 13:11:30 -0400
>