Irritable Bowel Syndrome Member Introductions

I’m fustrated with a condition that I have had for 7 years. it’s ruined my quality of life. I want to connect with anyone who is just as fustrated as I am. My focus is mainly on diet and I hope one day to make a routine of eating safe foods.

I’ve had this condition for many years but have just now decided that enough was enough. Hope to learn to control it better than I have been.

Currenlty have IBS and looking for people to chat with about it.

I am interested in continuing to learn more about coping with illness and hopefully help others as much as possible. I’d love to connect with those who simply need a bit of support for the day or an ear to listen. I’d love to learn more about what helps everyone!

I HAVE LIVED WITH IBS FOR A FEW YEARS NOW. ALL THE PAIN AND THINGS THAT GO WITH IT. THANX FOR A SUPPORT GROUP LIKE THIS.

Hi,
Its great to see a community of people helping people. I suffer from major depression, hypertension and IBS. I would be happy to help anyone who has questions about their illness. From my long history of depression and hypertension I may be able to make some suggestions that may help you.
rite2bme

I have had IBS for 20 years. I am in my mid 30’s and it’s a daily struggle.

I have suffered from IBS for about 20 years.

I have IBS and it’s very bothersome.

Hi everyone. My name is Connie and I live in Raleigh, NC. I currently have severe IBS and GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder). I would love to make friends and help support people that deal with things like I do. Hope to talk to you all soon.

I have lived with this condition for many years. There are times when you have a lull in symptoms and you hope that maybe it is disappearing but it always comes back. Just when you get complacent!

I have had IBD-D for many years. I’d like to relate to others who understand and provide their insight to living better withis condition

Hello, My name is Suzie. I have suffered with ISB most my life. Back in 2003, I had a major belly surgery that has made everything worse. I suffer just about everyday. I would love to chat with others who have the same problem. Thanks

What symptoms do you all get with IBS?
I have suffered for 20 years, but rencently my pain has got worse.
I’m fed up with hearing doctors say…It’s only your IBS.
Maybe if they suffered with it on a daily basis they wouldn’t be so quick to say…It’s only…

My name is Liz. I am married with 4 cats. I was just diagnosed with IBS on May 14, 2007. I have been prescribed an antispasmodic, which works well, but I still struggle with the unpredictablity of this condition. I lost 6 hours of my day today with a “spell.” I would like to learn how to manage it better, if possible, instead of just waiting until symptoms hit and taking a pill.

Hello, my name is Darlene, I am 68 years old and have just been remarried for almost a year… I have 4 grown children and only my husband and my cat at home.
I am on many different meds for, High BP & Cholesterol, Dystonia, RLS, Arthritis & fibromyalgia symptoms… Also receive therapeutic botox injections for the dystonia every 3 months. I get by pretty well, but my IBS problem has increased since I was in an accident that paralyzed the right side of my diaphragm, and I received a radiculopathy to my left leg from my low back being injured also… I started losing control of both the stool and flatulence whenever there is pressure in the colon no matter where I am. Even though I am on Bentyl I still get the stomach ache I have had for years with this every afternoon… I have tried going off dairy and it made no difference… same for wheat products, etc. the test for Celiac disease came back normal. I am really frustrated… Do you have any advice or comments. Does anyone else have this problem?

I’ve had IBS for almost 9 years.

Hello Im leat! my sister has been in alot of pain for about 8 days on this past friday she was in so much pain she couldnt sit, and cannot sit down the pressure on her abdomin when she sits is very bad so she conitinues to stand all day for hours and hours and may try to lay down at night for a couple of hrs. Im in a diffrent state but Im very, very worried!! She has been going through this condition for yrs. It hits her maybe twice a yr. or more. Please bring some comfort to me and assure me there is help for her!!