Irritable Bowel Syndrome Member Introductions

I have lived with this condition for years and years

I have had ibs since I was 28 years old. What I can eat to get rid of the pain I am having in my stomach. I tried all the ones the doctors said too. Want to connect with anyone who has any idea about all of this.

I have IBS and colitis and need to learn more about IBS and what works for others and what does not work. I have had problems for the last 2 years and it has only been recently that my GI dr told me exactly what I have up to this point he didn’t know or he put it he did not want to label me. I am 50 years old and have a stressful job as a school nurse. I would like to connect with someone around my age and with other who have stressful jobs

I don’t know what to do anymore… about ready to quit my job … I need to talk to others who experience this. I’ve been to GP and gastro guy… nothing’s working and it’s getting worse.

I want to know how other people are coping.

My IBS is flaring up ever since I got pregnant and I could use some help and suggestions!

I have just been diagnosed with IBS.

To the person who asked about winter depression. i suffered severely for 30 years until I bough a light box. It works. Scientifically proven. No more depression for me. I requires just 20-30mins per day of use.

I have been told I have IBS. It started 4 months ago, at the same time as I had a major trauma. Trauma over and still I have this ‘condition’. It worries me. It seems to get better and then it’s back. I sleep fine. It tends to get worse as day goes on.

I am NOT in bad pain. No cramping. I have a noisy gut, gurgling. I get bloated with a rounded tum. I feel full of air. i burp and fart more. I feel like I need to go all the time(during an episode) and either I go and then think i still need to or I go and nothing happens. I do not have diarrhoea nor constipation, or at least not badly. I alternate between normal, loose but formed and formed but hard, even pellet like but still formed.

I have altered my diet. Not intentionally it just happened. I now eat a lot of fish which i didn’t like before. I basically eat fish mostly, chicken and pork with fresh veggies. I cannot tolerate wheat or grains or pulses but never have and …oh dear it just occurred to me that maybe i have had IBS for years and not known it-I have always had gut problems which stopped once I stopped being a vegetarian…anyway, this trauma seems ot have set something off again. i keep being told i will get better, that it will take time to recover form my loss and for my insides to settle. I am sacred of it though and wonder if something awful is happening, like I am dying, even though I know that if I were sicker I’d be really very sick by now if you know what I mean. I just had the norovirus and cleared than in 24hrs so my immune system must be good though it has made my IBS symtpoms worse again.
Basically I am new with this and have yet to get my head around ti. It scares me and makes me angry. I do not want to be this person who has to take life carefully.
I am disabled and I can cope with that and the 24/7 pain. This I find really to deal with. I could write more but I guess that is enough for now.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused: