Lyme disease Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Lyme disease. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

I am a single parent of three wonderful angels. I have a daughter, seen in my photograph, and two unique and wonderful boys. My two sons were both born with an extremely rare genetic disorder known as “X-Linked Alpha Thalassemia Mental Retardation Syndrome” Both boys are have sever developmental delays. Both are non-verbal and communicate with limited signs. They love to laugh and are easily entertained by the small things in life.

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

Hi, all. I’ve had Lyme disease for approximately 6 years. I got diagnosed and received appropriate treatment after 2 years (which is MUCH FASTER than most Lyme patients) and have done very well with my treatment. I am a “Success Story” so I know that it may be possible for other people to get better.

I’ll be glad to share the treatments that I received and to give anyone/everyone hope that there truly may be an end to their suffering.

I think I might have Lyme disease.

New to site.
Found out that I have been miss diagnosed for years with lyme disease and am on a quest to find out what treatments are working. Bought a rife machine and an ozone sauna and currently using alot of suppliments and some herbs and glutothione pushes in treatment Has anyone ever used Low Dose Naltrexone to add to treatment for lyme disease and if so how are you feeling?
chris

Hi! I have chronic Lyme (yes, there IS such a thing, don’t believe the IDSA or the Insurance company lobbyist’s lies and propaganda.!!!.). I would like to meet others with Lyme, and those who have been “cured” or at least regained most of their health. I would like to give and recieve support for this horrible and misconstrued disease.

I LIve in texas my 13 yr old girl has lyme my dad has lyme and somehow there is no doctor to treat this diease.help help help

my granddaughtor has lyme disease and i need to know how it is going to affect her in the future and what she can do now to help.

Hi my name is Ken and I’m from Palmyra, NY. I am interested in learning more about Lyme Disease. After many trips to the Emergency room with chest pain, abdominal pains, joint and muscle pain not to mention increased motion sickness while driving, Headaches and bouts of disorientation and dizziness. I am tired of being sent home from Urgent Care Units with no answers. Just looking for some extra help… Thanks!

Hi. I need a Doctor referral for the Western Ssuburbs: Oak Brook, Naperville, Downers Grove - can anyone help?

I have had Lyme Disease for 7 years now. I’m just getting treated for it now. I just want to be well again :frowning:

I’ve had lymes for about 6 years and want to connect with others and learn some new things.

I was diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease about 2 1/2 years ago. I have done all sorts of different things recomended by my infectionous Disease doctor. I have improved 20%. I would like to be further along with recovery and to be able to continue on with my life journey. If anyone out there has Chronic Lyme and has received some relief, please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Jennifer (North Carolina)

Being tested & want to educate myself

I have a brilliant friend who is afflicted with chronic lyme disease. She is a strong spirit who would be a major contribution to the world without this disease. Her long-term disability insurer has refused payment. She falls through the cracks for medicare regarding an aggressive cutting edge treatment. I am the point person for her network of support, and want to connect in as many ways as possible.

Hi, I was diagnosed with lyme in 2003 and treated for it and had no further symptons…til now. I need info on chronic lyme and whether there is a possibility i have it even though i am now testing negative. I’m verrry confused.

I have what I believe is chronic Lyme and Bsbesiosis. I have been in treatment for 5+ years. I feel a bit like a veteran and would gladly offer any help through my experiences so far. I am not “cured” yet but, yes, I am still breathing.

I am a resident of the State of Kentucky. I have recently been diagnosed with Lyme Disease. I have two bites. One old, one as new as three months. I saw in an article where research on this disease is being done.

I had no idea I would ever be told I had Lyme. I thought, and was suggested by doctors, that I may have Lupus, MS, or something similar as I am always, always tired, in pain, etc. It was scary. It still is as I read there may not be improvement in people who have had the disease for a long time. White matter disease showed in a recent MRI while a severe migraine was being investigated.

I had my first bite in the Summer of 1999. Now that I’ve been diagnosed with an “old” bite, I recall when it happened. I was frightened I had a spider bite (as I am terrified of spiders) and I went to the ER. I was told it wasn’t a spider bite and sent home. It was a huge, round, red infectious circle on the back of my leg. I always wondered why they didn’t seem concerned about it. With that being said, I have been suffering from Lyme Disease for most of seven years. It has been extremely difficult dealing with the pain and other symptoms that go along with Lyme. I feared I had everything. I couldn’t understand why I was in so much pain and so very tired all of the time and no doctor seemed to be able to tell me why.

Thank God I found the doctor who cared enough to investigate.