Narcissistic Personality Disorder Member Introductions

I am interested in learning more about NPD. I was married for many years to a man that I believe had this and now I fear that I am in a new relationship with a man that has it. I would like to learn more and find out if it is heard of for certain people to gravitate toward this type of person

Recently dumped a narcissist, now another one popped up in my social circle - need pointers on how to protesct myself & open my friends’ eyes.

Hello, the name I’ll use is Socratz41. I am a female who will be 41 years old in just a few days. I have been diagnosed with ADD, OCD, Post Traumatic Stress, GAD and last but not least, Borderline Personality Disorder. I am here to read others perspectives on NPD as I believe that my husband suffers from this. My goal is to learn, share and see if there is any hope for our relationship and life together.

I have loved a man for 21 years and was married to/lived with him for 11 years. It was the best of times it was the worst of times. After our last breakup (which was so horrible) I began to try to figure out what was wrong with me, him our relationship and I think this is the problem. I’m sure I am not perfect and have lingering affects of a dysfunctional childhood but his behavior seems so go beyond that.

My spouse is a narcissist. We have been married for 26 years, I am in therapy - have been for approximately 8 months after a 3 month separation. I am not sure if we will stay married, I am trying to understand more about this personality in a spouse and to know what our future may hold if I do stay. Also supportive help from others who are in a similar relationship.

I was with my NP for 3 1/2 years. I am still struggling emotionally and still letting him play the game with me. We had 2 children together in our whirlwind relationship and now we are going through our 2nd battle in court. he doesn’t want to pay CS at all. I need to stop the tears and the need to keep helping and being nice to him.

Recently left a 29 year marriage with a NPD man…left before knowing he was one…but the descriptions of all this describes my life with him…guess I just want to learn more to help assist my healing process…

just interested

I am struggling in a relationship with an underachieving narcissist. We have been breaking up and getting back together for 3 & 1/2 years. Being away from him makes me physically ill. And being with him makes me physically ill and wonder why I put myself through this!

My estranged husband blames all his problems on others, and expects everyone to step up and help him when he won’t do anything on his own to help himself. He is very judgemental of others, and absolutely and forms opinions about things that he’ll stick to death even if proven wrong. I want to know how to get him to see himself as others do, since to him, everyone else is always wrong, and he is right.

I loved and lived with a NPD for well over three years - now, painfully, trying to extricate myself with as much dignity, safety, and strength as I can.

Hi, finally getting a divorce from my N husband. I am doing it for my 4 kids and myself. It’s crazy everything we’ve been thru. Never had a stable relationshipwith him. He’s old
fashioned Peter Pan, Momma’s boy 48 yr old male. While in process of filing for divorce, he got himself a 2007 Vette, and no $ for the kids. I always learned to save for a rainy day, and this is a thundershower. Hi David from Yahoo support groups… I’d love to hear from others for support. A

was involved with someone who was NPD

I need to start understanding some things.

family member has NPD and we need help dealing w. her.

I think I am involved with a narcissist. This relationship is causing me great pain, yet I can’t seem to get myself out of it and I am starting to wonder if I am the one with the problem. I am hoping to gain clarity on the situation so that I can move foreward.

Spouse, actually, I am an “ex-spouse” of a NPD male. I have reunited with him, but not re-married.

Married for 14 years, very very confusing and painful years for me. We have two beautiful children. …10 and 5 yers old.

He seemed to have had some kind of life-altering “epiphany” after our divorce, but it has been work still for him to maintain his new perspective, obviously. It has also been hard for me to maintain my commitment to living in the walk of my own codes of sanity.

I’m just interested in reading and communicating with others about this roller-coster and making further sense of the non-sensical. I’m trying to plan for my future and trying to stay positive, strong and competent.!

My son was married 2 years ago. He has been married before and has a child that lives in a different state. Thank goodness he had no children with this woman. He is in the beginnings of a divorce. He finally left and basically waited for her to file, which she did. I continually said while they were married to friends and family that I have never met anyone like her and her family. The word narcissist came up one day and I looked it up and her picture should have been next to the definition! So, that’s it. I know a lot of her behavior was her immaturity but it goes well beyond that. It was only almost 2 years of marriage and I have so many instances of this strange behavior. I guess I just want to see if others have their families involved? I think her mom is one of the biggest enabler, I guess you would call her of her daughter. It’s just crazy, the things that have happened.

I’m interested in gaining a better understanding of what constitutes NPD and if there are varying degrees of this disorder…

It’s my ex-. He’s an N and he’s brainwashing the kids with his twisted truths and believable lies to undermine me. He’s found a counselor after more than 12 years of divorce and many other counselors, investigators, and attempted custody changes who seems to be taking seriously his pleas for joint custody–in the name of fairness–and because its what he says the kids want. I can feel the Ns wheels churning for the next battle and he’s actively dragging the kids into the middle. They’re confused and just want peace. I’m feeling like their being victimized and there’s not a lot I can do to fight back if I want to maintain my integrity as a parent.