Oppositional Defiance Disorder Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Oppositional Defiance Disorder. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

Hello, my name is Lori. I have been a part of the ODD yahoo support group for quite awhile now and it has helped me tremendously. If only to see that I am not crazy and there are others living as I do. My son is 15 now, and things seem to be calming down finally, but I feel safe to know I have support if i need it, or advise to give if I think it will help someone.

I have a son who is 16…Im counting down the days until I can have a normal life again

I have a fifteen year old son that suffers from ADHD, PDD NOS and has many tendencies of ODD. I hope to learn more about symptoms, and how to help my guy work on improving his over life in a less negative way.

MY 8 YR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ADHD, BI-POLAR AND ODD. HER 6 YR OLD BROTHER HAS ADHD, BI-POLAR AND PROB ODD. MY SON AND DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AND MYSELF SEE HER DESCRIBED SO MANY TIMES IN OTHERS LETTERS. WE ARE NEW WITH THIS DIAGNOSES AND ARE TRYING TO FIND WAYS OF COPING. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH US. THEY LIVE IN FL AND I’M IN OH AND I’M RUNNING OUT OF MONEY FLYING THERE TO HELP WITH EMERGENCIES!!! (LOL) WE’LL BE CHECKING IN OFTEN, THANKS AGAIN. HUGS, SUSIE Q

My son who is 9 years old has ODD. We are about at our wits end. Nothing seems to make a difference. I just cant reach him. I want to find a way to help him. Get him to mind. Find a program where they specialize more in this problem.

My boyfriend has the condition he also has ied

My four year old son has been diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder. We want the best treatment for him and I’m not sure what to do. He is seeing two therapists and a psychologist for 3 months and there seems to be no plan on how to improve the situation. He has been asked to leave two preschools because of his behavior. All I want is a normal life for him and our family!

I believe my son has ODD. I want to take him to see his physician so he can get tested. He is nothing by arguing and questioning all day long no matter how nice you are to him. I’ve tried everything and we, as parents, are going nowhere with him. He is nothing but problems. The only time when I am not stressed is when he’s at school. I have 2 more children (3 and 1) that get easily annoyed because of him. I would like to learn more about ODD from families that share the same situation.

My name is Darcy and I think my daughter is ODD.
She is bipolar and I just read The Bipolar Child and found out ODD could be a part of it. She is also ADHD. She is 17 and never grew out of the terrible part (terrible 2’s) in growing up. She was never diagnosed as ODD but meets every criteria. I need to know how to help her before it’s too late. She’s 17 and close to moving out on her own (if I don’t show her the door first). My husband and I are so stressed and don’t know what to do.

Daughter is 5, with ODD.

My 13 year old son was diagnosed with ODD at age 6. Problems are a daily occurrence. Last summer, the psychiatrist he sees was considering a bi-polar diagnosis, as well…

My 7yr. old son was recently diagnosed with ODD.Iwould like to know how to cope with him when have these out burst.Please help me keep my sanity so I can help him.Concerned parent that needs help and knowledge about this condition. Someone please help us.

I am interested in this disorder because I am working with a family who has an odd child and I figured the best place to learn about what might work and what might not is from parents who are dealing with the problem. I am here to listen and to learn.

My son was resently diagnosed with ODD and i wanted to talk to other parents going through the same things…get ideas about treatments and just have some one who knows what i am going through

Hi< my name is Gina and I’m the mom of a 9 yr. old boy with ADD and ODD. I would like to leran more about this conditions and share ideas and testimonials with different parents.

My son is 14 years old and has ADHD and CD, I am looking for other parents with same situation. I want to hear your story, I need to hear your stories.