Ovarian Cancer Member Introductions

My name is Heather. I am 24 years old, married with two young children. In October of 2006 I started having really bad pain when I would sit down and or go to stand. The pain did not leave after a few months so I went to see my primary care doctor. My doctor first ordered an ex ray which showed nothing. An MRI followed showing no cause that should cause pain in the low back however it did show a right ovarian cyst. Of to the OBGYN I went, she ordered a CA-125 blood test that I took on day 14 of my cycle that came back slightly elevated at 37.3 then an ultrasound that showed a 4.5cm cyst with subcentemeter cysts growing on it. Now I have to go the June 21st for a follow up ultrasound and another CA-125 test. Lets see what happens, until then I am left worrying about what will happen sense my mother has Ovarian cancer when she was just one year older then what I am now, also this low back pain keeps getting worse as days pass into weeks, it will not give up or go away. I hope to find others who can be a support as I go thru this as well as to learn, if it is cancer I plan to kick it’s but if not then I hope to be a support for others who do have this type of cancer as we all need friends.

See ya around,
Heather

I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer in Sept/2005. 6 Rounds of carbo/taxol and then 12 of just taxol. looking for others to compare notes and offer support with.

My mother had Stage 1 Ovarian Cancer - survived 10 years now since diagnosis. Our Aunt (her mother’s sister) died of ovarian cancer. I have a large cyst on left ovary and a solid hyperechoic “mass” on the right ovary that every doctor said is nothing to be concerned about. The left ovary is being removed.

I think I am beginning to have symptons, but I do not want get in a panic until I learn more

My wife passed away with Ovarian Cancer 9/11/2005. I took care of her until the end. The cancer moved to her lungs and she passed away surrounded by her family. If anyone needs to talk I would be interested in helping them though this terrible disease.

My mother was diagnosed with stage IV Primary Peritoneal Carcinoma in Oct of 2005. Has anyone heard of this disease? It is extremley similar to OC and treated with the same drugs. She was in treatment for a year and than had an 8 month remission and then fell back into treatment which is where we are today a year later. The second time around has been much harder on her physically and mentally as well.

I was diagnosed with Stage 3C ovarian cancer in September 2003. I had a SAH BSO Omentectomy and Debulking. I had cancer in both ovaries, left was primary, uterus, omentum, seeding on my rectum & diaphram with 1 positive node.

June 15, 2007 I will be a three year ovarian cancer survivor. I had a Thecoma Granulosa composite cancerous Tumor. Stage 1. No further treatment after surgery.

I was diagnosed 6/07 with Stage IV, Grade IIIC. Currently doing chemo with Gemzar & carboplatin.

I’m 57 and retired this year from being a librarian. We’re about to move from Lake Oswego, OR to Austin, TX to be near our daughter and her family.

My wife is going through Ovarion Cancer for the 2nd time around on chemo. Looking for support.

Bernie

My name is Lynn and I am a gene carrier my sister died of Ovarian Cancer in 2003. So I do alot of Ovarian Cancer info and try to find groups to help others who have or are like me who have had someone who has died.

My mother is suffering from ovarian cancer, It was not detected until it was spread out all over.

I have been advised to have my ovaries removed because of a high risk of cancer in my family. I want to connect with others who are also trying to make this decision.

DX Sept. 2004 Stage IIIC Ovarian Cancer

I am just completing my fourth round of chemo after a March diagnosis of stage 4 ovarian cancer.

I have many questions about ovarian cancer and cannot find a support group with anoyone else with this type of cancer and my age.

i’m interested because i’m a ovarian cancer survivor. Some times I get really scared and cry alot cause i’m so worried it’s gonna come back. Would like to maybe talk with others who have had this cancer.

OK, I totally don’t understand how this is set up. With the Yahoo OVCA group I get the posts as email messages. Can I do that here? If not, I might as well go home because none of what I see here makes sense to me…

toad

I was diagnosed with Stage 1 ovarian cancer on 9/30/06. The mass was as large as a grapefruit but still stage 1C. I had genetic testing and found out I have the BRCA1 mutation. My doctors want me to have a double mastectomy because I have a very high risk of breast cancer. Just when I decide that will do it, someone else says don’t. I really feel torn. I know I do not have breast cancer now.

Hello, my name is Charolette, I have been diagnosed with possible ovarin cancer. Is there anyone here that would like to chat?