Ovarian Cancer Member Introductions

Looking for more information on early signs of ovarian cancer.

i had ovarian cancer and just want different viewpoints

I have had ovarian cancer for over 3 years, had many treatments, still fighting.

Two years ago, I was diagnosed with not only Ovarian Cancer (3c) but Uterine Cancer (2b). Optimal debulking surgery removed a 25 pound tumor. So far, the 6 carbo/taxol treatments have worked (knock on wood), but my 3 month checkups and tests keep me very anxious. I have lost many friends who can’t deal with my illness. My family has been no help, and I have just lost my house and about everything I own because my mother was scammed into selling it. On the bright side, I still have my dogs and they help me considerably.

I am wondering… if cancer cells were found in the cervics by a pap smear and colposkopy, and during a hysterectomy several polops were found in the uterus,…is it possible that any cancer could now be present or dorment in the ovaries or anywhere else? My body went through SO MUCH because of a doctor’s & nurse’s mal-pratice during and after the delivery of my baby, so I am very concerned of how my body is now. I just need someone to help me and give me advice. I have went through several procedures and surgeries to correct the problem that ultimately could not be corrected so I know this complicates things. I understand if you can’t help me, but thank you anyways.

Diagnosed with Stage 3C ovarian cancer in Feb. 07, resulting in totaly hysterectomy. Originally seemed to do well for 3 mos., then tumor re-appeared, choking off intestine, causing terrible stomach pain/vomiting. Had to agree to chemo, and have been going through hell since.

Decided I needed to reach out to those who have ‘been there’; simply too difficult to deal with alone. Has anyone experienced the return and intestinal blockage, with severe weight loss?

I was diagnosed with Stage IIIc ovarian cancer November 2, 2005-my 54th birthday. I have been on chemo basically ever since with one recurrance found 4/16/2007. I am always interested in new advances in treating ovca and also in coping with side effects of chemotherapy. I like to connect with newly diagnosed and others who have recurred.

I was dx with ovarian caner Aug. 1st. 2005 stage 4. i am now into my 3rd round of chemo. i have a very good oncologist. i am fighting this disease with all i have. i know the dr. can’t give ma a cure but i can have the best life possible right now.
Ginny