Pancreatic Cancer Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Pancreatic Cancer. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

I am a 46 year old woman. Chronic pancretitis may hospitalizations. Nearly died last year.

I recently lost my mother to pancreatic cancer. it was a very hard time in my life and I helped make her quality of life a better thing. I want to make as many people aware of Pancreatic Cancer that I can…
Alot of cancer is in my mom’s side of the family and I want to learn how to stay clear of it. I want to help support those who have gone or have dealt with this.

My husband died from PC one year ago. He was 47 at that moment and we had been together for almost 27 years.
Since he was diagnosed he went through chemo, chemo plus radiation, surgery and more different chemos , at the end and after 18 months fighting agains PC that damn disease beat us and he passed away. Than God he didn´t die in a hospital neither connected to tubes, he had an internal bleeding at home and that was the end. We have two children, Lucía that is 19 and Natalia, 15.
The reason I joined this group that I didn´t know existed while my husband was sick, is that I want to be aware of all the possible symptoms for early detection of PC. I consider that if we would had been aware of all the symptoms I now know could be related to PC, Joaquin, my husband would be with us now.

I have had pancreatic cancer…or at least I have been diagnosed since Sept. 2005…from what we have figured out… I have had the cancer since Feb. or March of 2005…since then I have been treating with chemo…radiation…and lots and lots of determination to beat this thing. I hope that I can be an addition to this group. I am as positive as possible and feel that to be the most important thing of all…I do not let anyone tell me that this is a hopeless battle…EVER…God bless all of you in your struggles…keep the faith…and don’t forget who is in charge here…

Husband was diagnosed w/ pc June 1, 2006. Had 5 rounds of chemo, then another set of biopsies showed tumor was benign. Symptoms still present, so will be doing an exploratory laparotomy on April 16, w/ possible Whipple, to determine what it really is.

My name is Debbie and I am the Widow of Robert, who lost his battle to pancreeatic cancer in April 2006.

male age 73, whipple2001, no adjuvant treatment, lung mets 2002, various conventional and alternative treatments, cancer progressing

hi...

my grandfather died of pc before I was born..i know nothing about this cancer but cancer of all forms including leukemia runs strong in my family...i was just wondering if anyone could tell me more about it...no one in my family talks about such things.

Hi I am a 27 year old Pancreatic Cancer survivor.  I had a Whipple in May of 2004.  I am cancer free, but not without some bumps in the road including chronic pancreatitis, anemia, and dumping syndrome.  I’d love any info on long term issues after a whipple.

I’d like to get more informaiton about this for my friend.

Had a whipple operation in 2005-- been free since this month 4-2007. Had scan see abnormal mass or cyst on abdominal wall need to biopsy it to see if its a cyst or other

Had a whipple operation in 2005-- been free since this month 4-2007. Had scan see abnormal mass or cyst on abdominal wall need to biopsy it to see if its a cyst or other

For all who struggle with pancreatic problems. I had a whipple operation 2 years ago and its always a problem with stomach condition and sometimes what seems like adhesions by the surgery site. Also my cancer was in the Ampulla by the deodenum lining by pancreas and liver are ok. I am scanned every 6 months and see the doctors every 2-3 months. My scan this month shows a mass in the wall of the abdomen near the navel about 2 cm which is less than 3/4 inch. The doctor is confident that it was caught very early. I have read that sometimes pseudocysts can develop or masses due to ensymnes not digested problems. I am having a biopsy to see what it is. Also, I have weekly back messages in physical therapy which helps tremendously and this is paid by insurance. I have excellent doctors in southern California and will write the results. However whether its benign or not it still will need taking care of. Let us all keep a positive outlook and a everyone keep a song in your heart.

I am anxious to meet others who are dealing with pancreatic cancer. I have a great positive outlook and am also considering starting a support group in my town. We need to fight in numbers and help one another as there is so much good out there for us and we need to share our experiences.

I just lost my mother in January to pancreatic cancer and feel guilty that we didnt do enough or was there something we should have picked up on because she had signs only when it was too late already in stage 4 …I have nightmares everynight of her asking me and my sister to help her ! just looking for someone who understands

My father was diagnosed about 2 mths ago with stage 4 and his father died exactly one yr ago with the same thing, i am trying to see what to look for with end staage he is doing bad prognosis is 6nths hes doing 2types of chemo, has blood clotsforming everywhere now his blood is too thin from the cumidin its one thing after another he cant swallow can anyone relate, help, even just talk about your personal ecperience i thinkthis is the end but i dont know help please

My mom has been diagnosed with PC. It is inoperable and she has had 14 rad. treatments and wears a bag that gives her the chemo. does anyone know anything about this type of treatment?

I am care giver to my wifr who was DX’d with PC in March of 05, and had a Distal. She has now been fighting a recurrance since July of 2006. This Beast of a disease never gives up

My Mom was diagonosed with Pancreatic Cancer on 2/23/07. She has opted not to go through Chemo or Radiation or surgery.

She wants Quality of life now and not Quantity.