Pancreatitis Member Introductions

Barb, My ex and I have aslo spoken to Mayo doctors and they have said the same thing. They do not understand why a person still has the same pains even with a removal and they do not reccommend it. They said also because of insulin production. They even told us that they do not do transplants either.

Are there any other things that may happen besides becoming Diabetic that Pancreatitis patients have to look forward to-Complications that doctors do not want to tell you?

Was diagnosed with Pancreatitis about a year ago and spent 2 weeks in the hospital. I had my Gall bladder out in January and things seem to be ok now.
I’d like to learn more about the prevention of repeat cases of pancreatitis

I’m a thirty six year old mother of three beautiful daughters 13, 10, and 6. I suffer from Chronic Pancreatitis, Irritable Bowel, Chronic Pain, Asthma and of course depression from living with the above. I would just like to find a support group that understands the struggle.

RB,

Thank you for your encouraging note. My CP appears to be pretty tame compared to most people on this website. I’m just praising God for His goodness and mercy in all of this.

Hello.....I sure do understand your struggle...it's so hard for people that don't know this disease to think we all are just making it up.....my my my...tell them to spend one night in the ER with us......My heart goes out to you...

hello NBC
i had emergency gallbladder removal after turning jaundice. i waited 2 mos to get in2 seeing the surgeon and many trips to the ER unfortunately i believe the delay in my surgeon visit resulted in my common bile ducts being blocked causing jaundice and pancreatitis. this is now goin on 1 yr and still having problems with my belly. i hope you get relief b 4 this happens . hope this helped. nancy

I was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis 11 years ago. It is helpful to communicate with others on various issues related to the disease.

Hi Barb:

Thanks for your reply. You know I am on another pancreatitis forum, it is for people who have had theirs removed, and what I see is exactly what your doctors have said and that is for many of them the pain never goes away. So, I too, am very hesitant to have mine removed. I also wonder about seeing my grandchildren (triplets-just born) grow up, but I do know a doctor who has lived with pancreatitis for 20 years or more. That gives me hope.

Hang in there! Ellen

I have chronic pancretitis. I was born with the disease, and I will have it the rest of my life. My daughters best friend who is 9 has the same condition.

My Name is Rebecca and I am 34 and I have been diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis . This diagnosis really scares me because I have other medical issues . I had my first flare up in February 2011 and then I had a flare ups in march , April and May of 2011 . I was fine from may to october . I ended up in the hospital the day before thanksgiving. I was discharged about a week ago . As of now I am on TPN at home .

5 years with Chronic Pancreatitis - very advanced in the disease.

I am 37 years old, and have been recently diagnosed with Chronic Pancreatitis, after my 4th attack of pancreatitis. I’m nervous about what this means for the rest of my life, and haven’t really found anyone that knows what I’m going through.

I’m currently living with pancreatitis, and I’m interested in how others deal and cope with the condition. What sets it off, or what medical treatments have been effective.

I have been diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis and would like to learn about others experiences. I would like to know how to gain weight on a low/no fat diet and exercises to add muscle tone. I used to weigh 120 and am down to 93. I have just started researching because the doctors and dieticians tell me to experiment with what I can eat. In the meantime I am trying to attend college and deal with the stress and hunger. Any help would be appreciated.

I currently have hereditary pancreatitis and I am looking for support groups and just general advice in managing this disease since it is such a rare one

Just want to come to terms with my chronic pain!!! Arrrrrgh!!

I was diagnosed with acute/chronic pancreatitis and I want to talk with anyone who has had disease and how they cope with the pain. Also, I am interested in a procedure called pancreatectomy w/islet cell transplantation, performed by Dr. David Sutherland in Minnesota

what is the best way to treat pancreatitis

Hi, I’m 26 and suffer with Idiopathic Chronic Pancreatitis. I was around 4yrs old when I remember one of my first attacks. Many years of my childhood and adolecence were spent in and out of hospital, in the medical room at school, laid up in bed going through numerous tests, diets, medications etc. It took most of my life for diagnosis, which thankfully happened when I was 17, which is when I had an emergency Distal Pancreatectomy with removal of gallbladder within 48hrs, I was in intensive care for a long while but they managed to bring me back and let me recover for a further month or two on the general ward. I have never been tested for hereditary pancreatitis but it is believed that I was born with it. I still suffer daily pain, sickness, weakness etc all the usual pleasantries that comes with our disease!! I am self-controlled with aid from my fantastic pain clinic who help me with all my problems relating to CP. I take Nutrizyme with every meal/snack, Zofran, Morphine, Fentanyl patches, Ibuprofen, TENS machine etc. Although self-controlled I still have my bad days and even worse days (which are becoming more frequent of late :frowning: ). It has taken a tremendous toll on both myself, family and loved-ones, I am unemployed but still see a bright future regardless…

I hope you all have a pain-free day!!