Pancreatitis Member Introductions

Parents that have children with hereditary pancreatitis

Ben, David, and awesome staff:

I’ve never been part of a group before because I couldn’t find one where people weren’t just complaining… and at CarePlace, from the first day it was all about finding mutual support-- with hugs, friends, and people openly trying to help each other with information and support.

I love the site, the security, the people (so far I’m just active with the Chronic Pancreatitis Group, although I’ve joined a bunch)-- everyone is so awesome and it’s truly making a difference.

Thanks for developing CarePlace-- It’s the best out there!

Lisa

I am a cystic fibrosis patient with pancreatitis and I just want to learn more about this condition and how it effects others in the same situation.

Hi, I actually am a 45 year old Cystic Fibrosis patient, that also suffers with Chronic Pancreatitis and Gastroparesis. I am always looking for other people to talk with, that are going through the same things I go through everyday. It seems to make life go a little smoother, when someone shares a part of you, and understands how you feel. I also like to hear about the different ways other people handle their illness. Living with daily pain isn’t easy, but there are ways to help get through the day.

Hello, My name is Candice and I was diagnosed with hereditary pancreatitis in 2003. My niece, 15 years old, was also diagnosed. This is a tough disease to live with on a day to day basis. I losed alot of weight, (95 pounds), and it is difficult to gain weight on a low fat diet. I have pain everyday. Any and all suggestions are welcomed and I also have some suggestions that have worked for me. I look forward to talking you all of you because it is a lonely world out there dealing with this disease. Thanks, Candice (Shreveport, LA)

Hi, my name is Genie and I was recently diagnosed with Pancreatitis. I’m interested in chatting with anyone else living with this disease…my latest MRI/MRCP showed an inflammation and a blockage, but they don’t know anything more at this point. I need to have a consultation for an ERCP and wondering if anyone has had one of those tests as well. Thank you in advance for reading this and for any replies. Hope you have a great day!

A very special friend who means a lot to me has Pancreatitis and I want to be here for her.

I am 45 years old, have chronic pancreatitis as a result of cystic fibrosis. I also have cystic fibrosis-related diabetes, which is basically type I diabetes. I am disabled due to my cystic fibrosis and complications. I was diagnosed with pancreatitis 3 years ago, diabetes 2 years ago.

My daughter has pancreatitis and CF. Can this be controlled?

Hi,
My name is Michelle and I have CF with chronic pancreatitis. I am joining this list because of that and because of being invited by Cathy Phelps. I hope to give and receive much support here.

Hi, pleased to be part of this group. I am a people friendly person and most certainly care about other people besides myself.I have suffered with chronic pancreatitis for many years which was diagnosed 3 years ago. I have a condition known as" pancreas divisum". It is a congenital birth defect in which the ducts from the pancreas are not fully formed and so proper drainage cannot occur. Unfortunately, the enzymes work in reverse and destroy the organ over time. My worry is the progression, it consumes me. My father died of stomach cancer as did two of his siblings and I have these very strong feelings that these deaths are related. My worry causes me unbelievable stress, plus I try to keep it from my children so they won’t worry, that in turn causes me great physical pain most times. It sounds depressing, but all in all I am a person that likes and loves to laugh. I try very hard to look at the light side of things and most times it works and makes me feel good. It’s those quiet moments by yourself that I’m sure you all know about. But I keep myself busy and try to keep those thoughts far from me. And so I hope I’ve given everyone an idea of who I am and hope to get to know some of you. Really I can be alot of fun but I had to tell you a little. Anyway if anyone can share new information with me , that would be so great and I will do same. Thanks everyone, LMA

i have been diagnosed with pancreatitis ,i never feel good

I’d like to learn more about how to manage my chronic pancreatitis, and meet other people who have the same problem as well, it may help just so I know I’m not the only one.

Feb. 15 I had an acute pancreatic attack. I have had pancreatitus since. A CT revealed a large psudocyst which I just had surgery to drain and clean. I am now in recovery from the surgery and starting to enjoy life again. Oh yea I lost over 65 lbs. since Feb.

My daughter has chronic pancreatitis and has had since birth

My dearest friend has battled this illness for most of her life-- unfirtuntely the worst of it is occuring during some of the best times of her life. I am thankful for this community for giving her a forum and a voice!!!

Hey,
My name is Stephanie Allard, I am 20 years old and I was diagnosed 4 years ago with Chronic (hereditary) pancreatitis. I had a peustow procedure done 3 years ago in an attempt to get my health back and live without pain. After my surgery I was in remision for 3 years and now my pancreatitis is “back” but far worse than before. I have been in pain nearly daily for the last 5 weeks and I am trying to learn how to cope and live with this condition without letting it ruin my moods and life. I am looking to talk with someone who is struggling like myself, or someone who has found a way to take care of themself.

I am purplecatt…I am interested in this condition because a dear friend was diagnosed with it. I am a caregiver for a very ill family member and am interested in learning more about any condition because so many of them seem to go hand in hand with one another.

I am living with this condition and would like to hear the stories of others with pancreatitis.

Hello, I am living without a pancreas and spleen and would like to speak to someone who is living the same way. Not able to digest food, gets sick all the time and totally insulin dependent. Thank you Jana.