Rheumatoid Arthritis Member Introductions

Hi!
My name is Beth and I live in NE Minnesota. I’ve been living w/ RA for about 15 years. I’d love to connect w/ others who live (and struggle) with RA. I’ll certainly post more later!

have had RA for 5 years

I was diagnosed with RA in 2004 at age 31. I want to learn how to cope with the pain and fatigue and get support from others who understand the daily struggles.

Hi there! I am interested in learning about/meeting other people who got RA at an early age like me. I was about 12 when I was diagnosed and am 30 now. It would be nice to talk with someone who is like me, since I’ve never met another young person with RA. I live in Flagstaff, Arizona with my husband and boxer and am in graduate school here.

I like to read about RA treatments and learn how others cope with it. It is nice to be able to talk to folks that understand what you live with daily. :slight_smile:

Carla :slight_smile:

Hi. My name is Cheri and I’m 47. I started having problems in the summer of 2004. My rheumatologist ran some blood test and after having high positive results on the RF, Anti-CCP, ANA, CRP, and ESR, my doctor told me he believed I had Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I started taking Plaqenil and Relafen and it worked really well for years. Because I was doing so well, my doctor thought I should try cutting the dosage in half. That was a big mistake. I started having lots of pain again. I increased my dosage, but still had problems. I then tried adding Sulfasalazine, which made me horribly sick, so I dropped it.

My next appointment isn’t until June. I know my next drug to try will likely be methotrexate, but I’m just terrified of it. BUT, I can’t stand the flares any more either.

There ya go! My experience to date.

Hi all

I’m Sue, 30, married and have a beautiful daughter called Emma.

Looking to chat to pople with RA as I think its better to chat with people who understand. Also looking to make new friends.

Hi,
I have had RA since 2004, I take Orencia 1x each month by a 30 minute infusion at my dr.'s office. I have also developed end stage liver disease. We’re not exactly sure of the cause. There is nothing the doctor can do for it. I have been told to exercise and lose some weight and that may help. There is no pain or discomfort at all. There are actually no symptoms of liver disease until your eyes or skin turn yellow. Luckily I guess, my liver enzymes were being checked while I was taking Methotrexate, then I was switched to Arava, and then switched to Humaria. I hope to get lots of info here. I’m really more of a luker than a poster. I homeschool my 9 1/2 year old special needs son.
Thank you,
Joan

Hello,
I have Global Rheumatoid arthritis and it is completely effecting my life… i would like to talk with others who understand this kind of life. I would like to learn more about arthritis and similar conditions, and make some friends.

Hello,
My name is Daniel and I’ve had Rheumatoid Arthritis for 2 years now and I’m glad to be joining this group.

I am Sally and I have RA.

I would like to be in contact with others who live with RA.

Rheumatoid Arthritis --My wife has it and is now on Rituxan and doing great with it.

I was diagnosed with RA right after Christmas, still in the early stages I think. I am having alot of problems with the hands and feet swelling really bad and aching all the time.

I would like to learn about different things people have done to control the systems.

Anyone who is willing to talk to me about this.

I am 52 from Pa. with a active 7 year old still at home. Trying to keep up with her activities is getting harder and harder as I am always tired.

well my name pamela and i have had ra for 10 years now i live in sc and i have needed someone to talk to about this problem for along time. i feel so depressed most of the time . well i im so thankful for this site it make me fill like im not alone .

I am a 54 year old female. I was diagnosed with RA September of 1985. I have been on almost every treatment available, but the one that continues to work is Enbrel.

I have three grown children and one granddaughter,
RA has effected my ability to work and many of the things I like to do. But I will not give up making quilting and art, I am re-developing my artistic skills in painting and fabric collage.

I always get an appreciation for my own circumstances in reading the discussions. There is always others that have it a lot worse. And I am thankful for how much I can still do.

I am interested because I suffer with RA and I like to listen to others to see how they cope with their disease.

I was diagnosed about 4 years ago. It is always reassuring and informative to find other people with this condition. The understanding and support is invaluable. I have belonged to therheumatoid_arthritis forum at yahoogroups for some time. Hasn’t been very active the last few days.

Hi everyone, My name is Becky I live in So. Cal. and have had RA for 31 years.
At the present time, I am going through a very traumatic time with concerns for my husband who had an MRI on 4/2 and had an allergic reaction. He was in a coma for 4 weeks. He now is responding and talking some but has minimal use of his hands and feet. We are currently waiting for authorization for transfer to an acute physical therapy hospital.
My RA is a small issue compared to my husband right now. I am taking my meds as directed but am not using any of the biologics at this time. That is a whole other story.
Thanks for listeneing.
I will be back.

I was diagnosed with Rhemuatoid Arthritis in February 2006. I’m looking for information as to how others deal with pain (mostly hands and feet) and fatigue.